All reviews loft room oxford street top floor ocean terminal complimentary breakfast the room was nice shower head early hours a lot of noise comfy bed full english short stay cruise terminal member of staff breakfast was excellent barge ensuite
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here last sat for 1 night for my partners bday.
Was put in room 10 (top floor and I'm 6 months preg, no lift). Room poor....overlooking a car park and high rise flats (not very romantic) shower not at all powerful, tap broke, pubic hair around sink and room window seal!!! Ironing board but no iron, windows filthy and would not stay open and room was very hot, dimmer lights didn't work.
No parking.....was advised to park on road outside and bagged a parking ticket!!! Not impressed!
Terrible customer service......have complained to manager via 2 emails and have not had one responded to.
Total disappointment!
Paid £85 for this rubbish 'hotel'
Next time I'll pay a lot less and stay in a travel lodge!

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kellys8332
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Where do I start !! One light not working in bedroom. One out of 2 not working in bathroom.Bedside table lights did not work. Bedside drawers FULL of wheels ? Bedside controls for lights did not work. Wardrobe door handle came off in my hands. Shower controls unworkable. Drinks and biscuits supplied but no spoons ? One of the towels stained. Then breakfast - 45 minute wait and then said sorry hadnt ordered them - "how would I like my eggs" !!!! No one else in restaurant ?
Complained on the day and with a follow up letter. Response was all complaints are fully addressed, things fixed Blah Blah and ended up with a £20 refund which I insisted upon after the breakfast debacle.Clearly the cost for this hotel is purely on its position which you cannot fault but service and training for staff clearly totally inadequate . Would we stay again I will let you guess ??

Room tip: Avoid room 6 !!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kevin f
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fantastic location close to the Port. Rooms are to a high specification, fully en suite with decent linens which makes all the difference. We had a good meal in the evening and made full use of the 2 for 1 on cocktails they were running that night before sailing on the next day. Friendly staff as well so will definitely be back next time we are in Southampton.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Upon arrival staff seemed uninterested as we waited a while to be seen to our room.
Room seemed liked somebody had left there five minutes ago! As the toilet was unpleasant.. Coffee mugs were not washed and the kettle was filthy.

Stained bed linen.

However great location, lively bar in the evening so it's great for a weekend stay.. But not a romantic weekend!
Following morning breakfast took a while to arrive and coffee had gone cold by the time it did get to my table!
Waiter was friendly but other staff were really uninterested and moody.
Overall? Wouldn't return

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I happened across cargo on google as me and my partner were looking to stay in Southampton for a few nights and were a bit unsure due to previous negative comments however we could not have been more pleasantly surprised! the rooms were lovely, the food was great and the staff are genuinely friendly. they cannot do enough for you! great atmosphere on a Saturday night. will definitely be returning!

Date of stay: July 2013