“Terrible”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I have just eaten at Scoozi and was not impressed. I ordered the Carpaccio (7.95) and my partner ordered the calamari (7.50). Both are not cheap but did not live up to the heavy price tag. My Carpaccio was served with no Parmesan shavings. When i questionned The waiter he told me it did not come with Parmesan and offered me grated. Now, I have eaten this dish in Italy and the Parmesan should be a key ingredient not an accompliment. He did apologise after he realised the chefs mistake. The calamari was big standard. Not worth the money. We both ordered pasta dishes for our mains with again were very average but again very over priced. I could go into more detail but quite frankly cannot be bothered wasting any more time on the place.

1  Thank SWI1
There are newer reviews for Scoozi

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went here for my Dad's 60th birthday meal. We had a nice time but that was more down to the company than our experience at Scoozi.

I had the Lasagne which was really nice, however my partner had the pork belly and he said it was so salty he struggled to eat it. My Mum had the steak and said it was very fatty. Some of our party ordered the 'warm' chocolate brownie for dessert - it certainly wasn't warm! It was cold, hard and bone dry, not what you would expect for £6.00. The drinks here are also very expensive.

As it was a special birthday we had bought some helium balloons to decorate the table and a birthday cake - we asked if it was ok to leave the cake and balloons with them whilst we went to the pub after the meal and pick them up again before we left which they reassured us was fine. When we returned the waiter went to collect the cake and balloons from the kitchen and came back with 2 balloons that had been cut from the weight and told us that the other balloon (the one with 60 on) had blown away (what out of the restaurant door?!) luckily the cake was still in one piece but this was disappointing - they didn't even say sorry.

All in all it was ok but I wouldn't go back in a hurry - certainly not for a special occasion.

1  Thank Hayley511
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I absolutely loved Scoozi! The food was excelled. The staff was very understanding, and the food was delicious. Pasta was very authentic! Ambience was beautiful . All the food was wonderful! High recommended !!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I ordered the veggie risotto and my husband the chicken and ham risotto. Part way through the meal I found a big strip of beef in mine and my husband a bit of spaghetti. The waiter apologised but his apology included the sentence "this happens sometimes when it's busy, it shouldn't but it can"!!!! For a start I wouldn't ever expect to find meat in a veggie dish and secondly it wasn't busy! The food was ok but I wouldn't go back on principal as they clearly don't prepare their vegetarian dishes with much care or respect.

1  Thank sarahbaker1
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We went early evening and had very good food -- in fact one of the best Anti Pasto I have ever had in the UK

Great selection of meats and sausage with fresh cheese balls and nice green additions plus fresh capers and pickles -- wow -- one serving for two easily served the four of us.
Very good pasta with fresh sauces

Nice staff -- young girl was friendly but the young italian guy really went out of his to supply great service

VERY GOOD value including sensible wine prices -- over all a srong recomendation to go there