“Terrible Experience”

Ennios Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 44 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We made a booking directly with this hotel in June for a weekend in July. It was a special occasion and a very precious weekend away without the children! One week before we were due to travel they rang us up so say they were full and could not accomodate us. They offered to book us into another hotel 'round the corner' but we declined. Obviously we suspect they got a more lucrative booking and therefore bumped us off, but regardless of the reason we consider this to be appaling customer service/organisation and would never book here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank websters_54

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here before going to the Isle of Wight. Easy to find from Southampton train station, and just opposite ferry terminal. Compact rooms. Very warm but does have air conditioning. Beds comfortable, pillows very soft. Nice spacious powerful shower, with nice toiletries. However floor in bathroom had hairs on it, and the blinds were covered in dust. Nice case with tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. Locked mini fridge with items in. Breakfast - nice but ensure you order everything you want when initially asked, as the waitress does not come back again to your table. On first day ordered eggs on toast. Didn't receive a round of toast to go with jams on table. Realised this was because we hadn't asked for it (I would expect this to be brought to the table without asking). After the inital contact, the waitresses were content to just sit talking. If staying in Southampton would look into other hotels to stay at. Didn't have an evening meal here, but had a lovely meal at La Regata next door.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I stayed in Ennios to celebrate P&O's 175 anniversary, it was the first time back in Southampton since I left P&O in 1978. A great city, but more importantly, Ennios is a superb boutique hotel. Spotlessly clean, with exceptional staff all working together so well under Harry's watchful eye. The dining experience was truly one of the best ever for authenticity, with undoubtedly the finest mussels we have ever eaten.I was also impressed with the knowledge the guys had regarding my Nissan GTR......
We will return.
Ivan and Karen

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Exceptionally clean! Wow, the rooms look brand spanking new, and some are, I’ve stayed in four of the ten rooms at this hotel and am unable to fault them one little bit. The older rooms have been in service for over two years but amazingly still look, feel and smell new. I’m a seasoned traveler and rarely stay in a hotel room without picking fault. Ennios’ rooms excel; not a speck of dust anywhere, shower areas gleam, glasses, cups and furniture are spotless. The bed was sooooo comfortable too.

After a little investigation I discovered Debbie Branston and her chamber maid team were to thank for such high standards in the rooms. I managed to grab Debbie for a few moments and spoke to Jodie too to compliment them on their efforts. They are obviously passionate and professional at what they do. I learned they spend rather more time than hotels normally do to service and clean the rooms ensuring guests expectations are exceeded. Debbie joined Ennios (part of the Delicious Dining Group) earlier in 2012 and ironically is rather delicious herself! You too Jodie. Thank you both for looking after us so well and making our stays feel so comfortable.

The Hotel sits above Ennios Restaurant in an old WareHouse At River Front (WHARF) opposite Southampton Pier and the Red Funnel Isle of Wight Ferry Terminal. Perfectly located for the dock area and overnight stays prior to or after a cruise; you can actually see the cruise liners from some of the rooms. It’s on a main route through the city so some traffic noise may be heard from rooms on the front side. I did experience a little rain seeping through my window during a nasty storm on one occasion, but as the building is grade 2 listed, I prefer the old Wharf retain its original features.

If cleanliness is your priority then I’d thoroughly recommend this ‘Boutique’ hotel for a stay in Southampton, Hampshire.

Room Tip: Rooms at front overlook road, ferry terminal and cruise ships. Rooms at rear probably quieter and o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I had lived in Southampton for 30 years, so was aware of the location of the hotel, but had never been to the restaurant, we first saw it on the internet as we now live in Manchester and the photos of the rooms looked very nice. we arrived a hour before check in but our room was ready, the service from the minute we arrived was very pleasant without being over bearing, you were very much treated as a long lost friend. The room was immaculate and the standard of cleanliness was first class, we ate in the restaurant with friends on the Friday evening and the food was so good, although it's not cheap you certainly get an excellent standard of food with a good choice from the menu. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ennios and would have no hesitation in re-booking when we return to Southampton.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms, beautifully fitted out and superbly presented, also book parking well...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I took my husband there for a birthday treat. The food was fantastic, the service really great. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Our room was sparkling clean, modern, comfortable and stylish. They really have thought of everything. I absolutely can't recommend it too highly - I could rave on all day about how much we enjoyed ourselves. We liked it so much that we didn't even steal the toiletries! And they were worth stealing too, L'Occitane delicious verbena smelling soap and stuff. AND it wasn't expensive, in my view, at about £80 for a top notch room. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: We were in "Veritas" which overlooked the park at the back and we could open the windows r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane N
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My mother and I stayed in a beautifully decorated and furnished twin bedroom at the back of the hotel. We had a wonderful meal downstairs and were warmly greeted and served by all members of the team. Would not hesitate to recommend - a delightful experience with first class customer service,

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family