“Nice place great food average rooms”

Ennios Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 44 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice quirky boutique hotel situated alongside the docks and old city walls of Southampton. Good location. Above a fantastic Italian restaurant. Room and bathroom nicely decorated. Uncomfortable bed though and towel rail was so hot we had to have A/c on all night. Also you should reserve a parking space as try are very limited (6) and you will be asked to move.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank IrishSilverSurfer

Reviewed 18 May 2013

we had a room overlooking the harbour and the noise level was ok if you dident open the window,which would have been fine if the air con had worked,but it dident!! The room was very hot,so had to open the window and put up with the noise.I had very little sleep and although we were given discount by a very pleasant girl on reception,i still felt having to pay for not having more than 2hrs sleep was a bit off!! I dident make it to breakfast as i felt too tired.The room itself had very nice decor and the bathroom was fantastic!! I hope they get the air con sorted ( i spoke to another guest who had suffered the same problem) Sadly this experience has put me off.
The staff were all excellent and dinner in the resturant was superb.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of hotel. check air con works as soon as you arrive so the staff can hope...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katherineTurkey
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and were pleased we'd read reviews beforehand. I'm a light sleeper so as advised by other reviewers we asked for a room at the back - it was fine and we both slept well in the very comfy bed. Not sure I would have coped with the traffic noise at the front though! Scrupulously clean room and bathroom, great interior design and furnishings. We ate in the restaurant - the staff were very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Food was delicious. Great location if you want to walk to Queen Elizabeth terminal or West Quay shopping centre. free parking on nearby streets 6pm - 8am. Having said all that, next time I go to Southampton I'll go back to the Premier Inn as the bed is just as comfy, the room a lot bigger and quiet wherever you're located. Oh and about half the price! Still Ennios was a lovely treat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 6diners
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the Saturday 6th April 2013, prior to boarding the a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth for 12 nights. We had walked past the hotel and restaurant several times and thought we would try it. The location is mainly a high end Italian Restaurant and bar, with what appeared to be about 6 - 8 boutique style bedrooms, these were extremely well designed and unique in their appearance (very nice indeed). With bed and breakfast all included for £120 it was a very good deal, staff were very helpful and friendly, but would recommend booking early if fancying staying here, due to the limited number of rooms. The restaurant was also very nice and served bvery good food, although it was a little expensive, but was in fitting with the surroundings and service. We would have no hessitation in stayinga nd eating here again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the_cadmans
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We booked to stay at Ennios, Southampton, for our anniversary when the hotel that we had planned to stay in in Winchester rang to say they were overbooked! I was realy dissapointed that we had to change our plans and was not looking forward to my visit. However, that all changed as soon as we arrived at the hotel. We were greated by extremely friendly staff who went out of their way to make the our stay comfortable. The room was clean, decor wonderful and we had the luxuary of L'Ocertaine toiletries in the bathroom. Dinner and breakfast was both lovely however, the English breakfast was so huge we couldn't finish it! They allowed us to leave our car in the car park on checking out on the Sunday so that we could visit Cowes for the day which was a 15 min. ferry crossing. The hotel is conveniently located across the road from the port. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanne m m
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my Mum the night before my wedding and everything about the hotel was just perfect! The room was gorgeous. Modern, nice decor, great light up mirror in the bathroom too! The whole finish on the room was just excellent quality. We had a drink in the bar and the customer service was excellent. My Mum couldn't decide which wine to have so the guy on the bar gave her samples of each to try and was friendly and helpful. We didn't eat dinner there as we'd already eaten but had lunch there a couple of weeks back and I would highly recommend it. All the added extras at the hotel were appreciated like the complimentary water, robes to use, slippers, and L'Occitane goodies! As the next day was my wedding day I had requested a late check out which the hotel agreed to which was great. In fact all my email communication with the hotel was promptly responded to which is was so appreciated during the busy wedding build up! Breakfast was tasty too. We had a menu to choose from and just picked what we fancied. My stay at Ennios Boutique Hotel was just perfect. It was good value for money and the location is great. We had a little hiccup which the hotel resolved completely and in fact went over and above in terms of customer service so I was very impressed. The level of customer service is just great. My issue now is I need to move to a different town so I have more reason to stay here again! A wonderful hotel with great staff too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the twin room which was at the back of the hotel and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bac2222
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were travellling on a Cruise from Southampton and this hotel was very convenient to the Port as well as to the Quay West Shopping Centre where we purchased last minute requirements.We arrived eary but the room was ready and it was no problem checking in. Our welcome was warm and friendly, as were all the staff during our stay.We had a rear room on the first floor as we wanted single beds. We still had a view although this was not important as we were only there overnight. The beds were very comfortable and all en suite facilities were good and there was an in room safe.
The dinner at night was excellent, as was breakfast and the wine selection and its price was reasonable. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quiet and comfortable, but we heard no one complain about noise in the front r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple