“Cant recommend this B&B highly enough.”

Rivendell Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Rivendell Guest House
Ranked #14 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
june28
“Cant recommend this B&B highly enough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

Did an overnight stay here recently due to having a job interview in Southampton. Couldnt recommend the place highly enough. The newly-decorated rooms are very comfortable and are kept spotlessly clean.
I found the couple who own/run the place to be very friendly and obliging, and the hearty breakfast is not to be missed! If youre looking for a great-value B&B within walking distance of the train station and central Southampton, look no further.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We found the host and hostess so very friendly and helpful. They were well travelled themselves and new exactly how we felt. We would be happy to recommend a stay here and if we were ever to go back to the area we would definitely look them up.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eehill17
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed in the Rivendell Guest house for three nights in September as I had just started my university course and my arranged accomodation had fallen through. I had just come from another B&B in Southampton and Rivendell was a completely refreshing change. My room was extremely clean and had everything I needed including a little table for my laptop which the hostess kindly added on seeing I had a computer. There was so many nice little touches that I havent seen in other B&Bs like q-tips in the bathroom and a dressing gown to wear after a shower. The hosts couldnt have been nicer, they were so friendly and helpful to me, offering me advice on place to go in Southampton and making sure I knew how to get to the university. They really made me feel at home and gave me a lovely welcome to Southampton which was something I badly needed after being let down by my previous accomodation. There is also a little sitting room for guests to sit in in the night time and lots of books and DVDs to borrow from. I would highly reccomend this guesthouse for anyone on a visit to Southampton, its like a home from home and with the lovely hosts so much nicer then staying in a big souless highrise hotel block. If youre staying in a guesthouse in Southampton, pick this place!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

I really enjoyed my stay here, the hosts were very pleasant, helpful and met all of my requirements with open arms! They were friendly, welcoming and the breakfast was to an excellent standard. I shall certainly be returning again. Thanks very much!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business