“A lovely B&B with extraordinary kind and helpful hosts - and a very nice house/room!”

Rivendell Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Rivendell Guest House
Ranked #15 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Norrkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Thank you, Brian & Eilleen, for a very pleasant stay at your lovely house. You certainly added extra value to our holiday trip to the Solent area and offered a terrific breakfast and a perfect location! Thanks for your tip about the nice pub around the corner :)

Room Tip: A great B&B with great hosts!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G_and_K_A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Dear Eileen & Brian,

thank you so much for the warm welcome, your great touring tips, a delicious breakfast and the excellent service! Hythe was lovely, the old pier train, too!

To everyone who's looking for a comfortable B&B with high sleeping quality, clean rooms & helpful hosts, we can recommend Rivendell guest house!!

It's all said in the comments above/below, nothing more to say but THANK YOU, again!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

We arrived in Southampton on a cold and dark evening. As we eventually managed to make our way to Rivendell Guest House, the hosts welcomed us in very warmly, and served us tea and biscuits straight away. As it was very late and there was a football match going on that night, the hosts were concerned about our safety (we were a young group of tourists), and decided to serve us dinner free-of-charge instead of letting us go out to find a restaurant on our own. They also did laundry for us upon knowing that we badly needed to wash some of our clothes.

We visited Southampton mainly to visit a friend and also because it was on the way to Bath, where we were due to enrol into university. As such, we were unaware of the attractions in Southampton and where was worth visiting in this place. The hosts were very friendly to us, chatting with us each day and giving very good recommendations on places to visit.

Location-wise, it may not be the best, as it is a 15 min walk away from the train station and a 30 min walk away from the city centre. However, the walk is not too inconvenient, and it would be hard to find another B&B with a much superior location, since most of the B&Bs in Southampton are located around the same area.

Nonetheless, because of the hosts alone, I would strongly recommend anyone looking for accommodation in Southampton to look no further than Rivendell Guest House!! I cannot guarantee that they will extend the same gestures (free dinner and laundry) to everyone (it would be very hard for them to do so), but the point I was trying to make was that the hosts are very willing to go out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one. Do choose Rivendell Guest House, and I am sure you will not regret it!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

A comfortable and very clean guesthouse with everything that you need (particularly breakfast and internet included). Brian and Eileen were incredible and caring hosts and really make you feel welcome. They are situated in a good part of town as well, with close access to the docks. I would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Southampton or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
june28
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

Did an overnight stay here recently due to having a job interview in Southampton. Couldnt recommend the place highly enough. The newly-decorated rooms are very comfortable and are kept spotlessly clean.
I found the couple who own/run the place to be very friendly and obliging, and the hearty breakfast is not to be missed! If youre looking for a great-value B&B within walking distance of the train station and central Southampton, look no further.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We found the host and hostess so very friendly and helpful. They were well travelled themselves and new exactly how we felt. We would be happy to recommend a stay here and if we were ever to go back to the area we would definitely look them up.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eehill17
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed in the Rivendell Guest house for three nights in September as I had just started my university course and my arranged accomodation had fallen through. I had just come from another B&B in Southampton and Rivendell was a completely refreshing change. My room was extremely clean and had everything I needed including a little table for my laptop which the hostess kindly added on seeing I had a computer. There was so many nice little touches that I havent seen in other B&Bs like q-tips in the bathroom and a dressing gown to wear after a shower. The hosts couldnt have been nicer, they were so friendly and helpful to me, offering me advice on place to go in Southampton and making sure I knew how to get to the university. They really made me feel at home and gave me a lovely welcome to Southampton which was something I badly needed after being let down by my previous accomodation. There is also a little sitting room for guests to sit in in the night time and lots of books and DVDs to borrow from. I would highly reccomend this guesthouse for anyone on a visit to Southampton, its like a home from home and with the lovely hosts so much nicer then staying in a big souless highrise hotel block. If youre staying in a guesthouse in Southampton, pick this place!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business