“Fantastic rooms and tasty breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Amberley Guest House
Ranked #26 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is our third time staying here at Amberley guest house and it has never disappointed, the rooms are spacious and so very clean, of such a higher standard than most B&B's of much higher price. The husband and wife team who run it do so with much charm and Eliana especially goes out of her way to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. The generously sized, and very tasty, full english breakfast in the morning just tops off just how enjoyable, and different this B&B really is.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver L
There are newer reviews for Amberley Guest House

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have stayed here during the week for over two months in 2009 and again in 2011. This really is a lovely Guest House/B&B, with chatty, intelligent and attentive owners, who take great pride in what they do. They go out of their way to ensure that all is well, and have a genius spirit. Thoroughly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 16 December 2011

It's been a while since I reviewed the Amberley. Stayed there about 8 or 9 times since my last review. It just keeps getting better. This is perhaps best shown by Mr Casual here thinking he can book last minute... only to find it full. Oops! Only happened to me once, and I will try not to make that mistake again! Love it

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Tigerwarrior
Reviewed 2 October 2011

It was absaloutely amazing, the most friendly staff and I was amazed by how incredibly clean the place was!! They were so helpful and yum yum the breakfast was delicious - I have stayed in many top hotels but this was by far the most comfy hotel and/or bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Profficientraveller
Reviewed 29 September 2011

A really good find. Efficient booking, clean, comfortable and homely surroundings without being "fussy", clean sheets and towels, clean room and shower, comfortable bed, great breakfast choice including cooked. Just perfect for a good night's sleep and a good breakfast to set you up for the day. Very pleasant, attentive and personable people too. There is some traffic noise as the property is near to a road, but that is to be expected in any suburban location.Excellent value for money. Highly recommended. I will stay again.

Room Tip: I have only stayed this one time. Next Time I might ask for a room that does not front the road, at...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Booked a double ensuite room, which was very clean (including the bathroom).

The owner was nice and friendly but the room faced the road (ground floor) so it was a little bit noisy.

Would definitively not recommend ground floor rooms in summer when windows need to be opened but overall had a nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed at Amberley Guest House for six nights whilst I was studying at Marwell Zoo. Eliana and Peter are fantastic hosts and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was great (especially the scrambled eggs!) and really set me up for my days at the zoo. My room was comfortable and the shared bathroom just next door was very clean. The dining room is open in the evenings and guests can use the microwave - I found this really useful because I couldn't afford to eat out every night.

Overall, I had an excellent stay and will certainly be back when I visit Marwell again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo