“Amazing Customer Service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Amberley Guest House
Ranked #23 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Amazing Customer Service!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you are looking to feel home away from home this is the place for you. Both owners are extremely nice and welcoming, and every guest feels as if they are coming in to a warm Italian home. The breakfast is good with a nice selection of cold and hot options are available. The rooms are decorated as mom would, with comfortable bedding and as many pillows as you might need. The b&b overall is clean and if we have to point out a negative feature, our only inconvenience was the shower. The temperature and the pressure were not easy to figure out and once you thought you had it, it would drastically change. Therefore, we opted out showering, and since the owners were so nice we did not have the guts to let them know our concern over such a small detail. Overall, the b&b is great value for money, with amazing hosts and a very comfy feel.

Room Tip: It's a city, so please be aware that traffic or outside noise is possible, but we slept very wel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FsuGaby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Southampton
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The bed and breakfast is lovely! Impecabbly clean and the breakfasts are lovely. The owners are so kind and always willing to help you out. I was very suprised by how little you have to pay to stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank marmiterupert
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at Amberley Guest House for 1 month due to a visiting period at the University of Southampton. Eliana and Peter have always been very friendly and helpful. When my family joined me for two weeks (I have two children aged 2 and 5), it was like being at home!
The rooms, bathrooms and the common areas are clean and well furnished. The location is very convenient for both the city centre/train station and the Common (a wonderful park within the city). The University (Highfield Campus) can be reached in 15 min by bike.
Overall I recommend this guest house both for business and for families.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground level have a better wireless connection!
Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stefano T
Hanover
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at Amberley Guest House for 2 months for a work placement. The owners are very nice and friendly. The house is very clean and as a self catering guest I was able to find everything I needed in the kitchen. If you choose an en suite room you have access to your own bathroom with a real shower (not those bathtubs with a shower over it). For everyone else there are 2 spacious common bathrooms on the first and second floor. There is a TV and Internet access in every room. On foot it takes 15-20 min to the city centre, but there is also a shopping street in the other direction (5-10 min walk). A big park to relax, have a BBQ or go jogging is quite close as well. The location of the guest house is therefore very good. All in all I can only recommend it. I would go there again.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I was recommended this place by a work-related colleague and I found the guest house owners very friendly, helpful, caring and ineresting.
I stayed only one night, the room was spacious and comfortable, both room and bathroom very clean. I liked the "art deco" furniture and the breakfast abundant and good. Eliana gave all lots of information and detailed instructions on how to get to places in town. I will certainly recommend it and will go back with my family. Many thanks!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently stayed for one night with a colleague on a work-related trip. The atmosphere was polite and friendly, the place immaculate and the breakfast excellent. The fact that the owner is Italian was an added bonus for us as we are Italians living in the UK. Viva l'Italia!

Alresford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is our third time staying here at Amberley guest house and it has never disappointed, the rooms are spacious and so very clean, of such a higher standard than most B&B's of much higher price. The husband and wife team who run it do so with much charm and Eliana especially goes out of her way to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. The generously sized, and very tasty, full english breakfast in the morning just tops off just how enjoyable, and different this B&B really is.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple