“Bed & NO Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Amberley Guest House
Ranked #23 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Bed & NO Breakfast”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Unfortunately, there is NO breakfast at Amberley Guest House any more. It seems that they have self catering guests, so the owner told me that they have no interest in serving breakfast to a single guest due to the cost of it.
During my stay, fish was prepared and the smell remained in the hall for more than a day. (thanks god, the room was saved!).
I stayed in a room on the side of the house, facing a road crossing that was really noisy.
I didn't dare to switch on the TV after the long explanation on how to turn it on using 2 remotes and switching on the plug high up on the wall.
The owner was very nice but I hardly met her. I stayed there for 3 nights and saw her when checking in and out. So, during my stay, I haven't chance to tell her that somebody changed the place and way that I left my stuff in the room. For example, I left a folded blouse in the room and when I returned, for my surprise, it was on a hanger!!!
I believe that the intention was good, but it really annoyed me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
norfolk england
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Amberley Lodge in Southampton is a great B and B , I stay all over the UK and this is one of the best and beautifully kept B and B's.

I,m here for 4o weeks and the attic room im staying in is so peaceful and quiet a fantastic nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I read the reviews and going by them I expected more from this guest house. I was shown to a room overflowing with excessive amounts of dismal furniture. In the evening I couldn't get either the internet or the TV to work. The owner's husband eventually fixed the WiFi for me, but couldn't make the TV work. I drank a cup of tea in the morning using up the single tea bag in the little basket on one of the many bedside cabinets. It was not replaced, so that was it for my tea ration for a 2 day stay! However the TV was fixed. I returned to the guest house at lunchtime on the second day of my stay, and discovered that the maid had left the door to my room unlocked, I was around for an hour or so and saw no sign of any staff in that period. I was told the next day when I mentioned it that the owner liked to have the doors left unlocked so that she could inspect the rooms. I did have valuables in the room and would have preferred better security. On the plus side the owner cooked breakfast for myself and my son who was not a guest in the hotel to apologise for the WiFi and TV not working which was really sweet of her. However I would have rather had everything working properly, a bit less furniture, a few extra teabags and a locked door. The room I had was at the front and was really noisy as it faced a a main road and a set of traffic lights so lots of cars slowing down and speeding up. If you need quiet you will have to let the owner know in advance.

Room Tip: The room I had was at the front and was really noisy as it faced a a main road and a set of traffic...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lilypad_hopper
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Having recently stayed at the Amberley for 4 nights with my family, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. Eliana and her family were great hosts and made everyone feel welcome and could not have been any more helpful for a family with young children. The room was great and clean, and the location was perfect, within walking distance of the city centre and of many cafes and eateries.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Callum E
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed at the Amberley for several weeks, and all I can say is, it was a home from home. Eliana and the staff were the ideal hosts. I was looking for long term accommodation and Eliana was very helpful. The room was cleaned every day, and must say the location was spot on, as I was walking distance from the trains and buses and town centre, shops, and Pubs. Over all it was a home from home. With Eliana and family and staff down to earth and really very nice people. Would recommend this guest house if you are looking for somewhere to stay with a friendly face.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip A
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was recommended this great place by a colleague who had stayed previously and he was absolutely right. I found Amberley Guest House a very warm and welcoming guest house. Eliana and Peter do their best in order to make your stay pleasant and relaxing. I needed to find accommodation for a rather long period of time, 7 weeks in fact, as I was attending a course in Southampton and I feel very grateful that I chose to stay at their place. It is not easy to maintain a daily high standard but they meet and exceed all expectations thanks to their positive, helpful and friendly attitude. I would definitely recommend this guest house no matter how long or short your stay may be.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night last week. We were made to feel very welcome by Eliana and Peter. On arrival we were offered a cup of tea before any of the formalities were completed. Eliana was also on hand to help us find somewhere to eat or allow us to use her facilities for a takeaway.

Eliana had made sure our room was lovely and warm before we arrived and since we only booked 40mins before we got there, she had done a brilliant job. There was an extra heater in the room as the weather had been exceptionally cold, however, it wasn't needed.

We were in a double room on the ground floor at the front of the B&B. My first thought was that it would be noisy as it was at the bottom of the stairs and on the main road - I was completely wrong, it was so quiet. The room was very clean and we had a very comfortable night.

The only reason I haven't given 5 stars was for the style and quality of the fixtures in the room and the choice at breakfast. There are a lot of loose wires and none of the soft furnishings matched but that didn't stop us enjoying our stay for a very fair price. I would have liked to have cereal at breakfast or fruit, we were given a glass of juice and a supply of hot drinks and a cooked breakfast with toast. We had a choice of vegetarian or any special requirements but there was no help your self section which would have been nice. Just a couple of cereals or a piece of fruit would've made all the difference.

I would highly recommend and definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple