“Good value and great location”

Claremont Guest House
Ranked #16 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Good value and great location”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I booked here for one night as I had an early business meeting in the city centre. Location was more convenient that the usual Premier Inns. I was pleasantly surprised. Spotlessly clean room, great shower and nice breakfast. Friendly welcome, including a gorgeous dog!
Was nice to have an abundance of coffee/tea/milk sachets in the room - it's a small point but most big hotels I stay in only give you two or three.
Would certainly stay again and am happy to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
london
Reviewed 5 November 2012

STAY HERE! My boyfriend and I came here for one night. This place is perfect! Easy walking distance to all attractions. The room itself is lovely, comfy bed, generous pillows, plenty of storage, heated perfectly and good pressure shower. I wish we were staying for longer as it really is the perfect place to explore from. The owners were really friendly and helpful with ideas for places to eat or see. The breakfast was full English.....with all the trimmings and generous serving. I love this place if I was in Southampton again I would definitely stay here and will be recommending to all my friends.
The only thing that could do with improvement to make this property 10/10 would be to descale the kettles in the room more regularly, I couldn't use mine and a full length mirror on the back of the doors in the room would be awesome. Other than that I can't fault this place wicked value and charming place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, Saturday 1 Sept as i was collecting friends from the Cruise terminal early next morning.
Easy to find, owners were pleasant whan I arrived and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Very close to the Cruise terminal and also for a good night out (Bedford Road).
Excellent breakfast available at 8am (which really suited me) and it set me up for the long journey back to Yorkshire.
The room was clean and everything I'd expected for £30.00 - Real value for money as far as I was concerned.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
bournemouth
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I, booked to stay here last minute on Friday 30th June, as we had a wedding to attend. we arrived in the afternoon and shown to our room. It was a double room (8a) with a toilet and shower just down the hall. The room was basic with a flat screen T.V and was very clean. The toilet and shower room was also very clean. The bed was really comfy , we had a really good night's sleep. Breakfast was really nice, and the proprietor's were really friendly. central location and value for money

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed here before meeting a bus early the next morning.
The location is very convenient for the bus station, train station & Mayflower Theatre.
Chose a single room with shared facilities which was fine & very good value.
Left too early to have breakfast.
Room was very clean & comfortable with a basin, tea & coffee making facilities & TV.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I booked the Claremont when looking for a reasonably priced B&B in close proximity to Southampton Central. The B&B is less than a five minute walk from the station, near the Mayflower theatre and Andrews Park.

Having looked at the website I was expecting a comfortable clean but rather dated interior. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The outside and main hallway are indeed dated and reminiscent of years gone by, but it is clear that the owners have done a significant amount of work since the photos on the website were taken. My single room was clean, fresh and modern with contemporary prints on the wall and flat screen TV. The room was small but perfectly formed. The bathrooms were basic but clean, the showers could have done with being a little more powerful, but you can't have it all!

Breakfast was hassle free and plentiful and the owners were warm and welcoming. The guests ranged from contractors to business men and a couple of European holiday makers.

It's definitely a hidden gem, and the friendliness of the proprietors makes up for any aesthetic misgivings. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
england
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked this b+b for 2 nights whilst looking for one close to the city centre and historical old town. The breakfast was amazing, anything and everything you want! All included in the price. It is family run, so dont expect everything to be professional; i certainly wouldn't recommend this for business, but for couples etc fine.
Free Parking
Close to Town Centre
Walking distance to theatre/restaurants
Clean, Comfortable
The Wifi didnt work in our room as the range was too far, so if you can bring your own dongle. The people are friendly and welcoming though so if you need anything, dont hesitate to ask. We even had a take away delivered to our ROOM. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the right hand side are supposedly quieter as they have a dog on the other side.