“Good Value for money”

Ranked #15 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
UK- London
“Good Value for money”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed here for an extended bank holiday weekend, we were greeted by Rio (a dog) and things only got better from here. The room was nice and spacious, the service was excellent and friendly, breakfast times were flexible which worked great for those lazy mornings, or simply when you cant seem to get your hand of the snooze button.

The only criticism, which could perhaps be partly our own fault, was that the cleaning lady came into the room on two different occasions without knocking. Its not a big deal but it did almost make an awkward surprise (for her) as I was coming out of the shower.

Like I said, this guesthouse is superb on all categories, and like other people have also said, the parking is very limited. Fortunately we didn't personally have any issues with this, but I can see that it would happen so keep this in mind if you are taking a car, which is not entirely necessary, since the guesthouse is located at a short walking distance of all you will need.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dorset, England
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We booked an overnight stay at The Claremont as we were watching the Rocky Horror Show at the Mayflower Theatre, which is literally in the next road, and the main reason we chose this B&B. We are so pleased that we did, as it is a little gem!

The owners were very friendly and made us feel right at home straight away.

The room was a double with en suite & shower on the ground floor, everything was very clean, the bed sooo soft with plenty of pillows, tea & coffee making facilities, flat screen tv and best of all, lots of drawers and wardrobe space.

The owner advised us that a Full English Breakfast was included in the price and told us that as our room was not booked for the Sunday, we could eat breakfast and go back to bed if we wanted as there was no need for us to vacate the room. That's gotta be a first!!

The breakfast was a monster, everything freshly cooked and tasted wonderful. Strange how the smell of bacon cooking is better than an alarm clock at waking you up in the morning..

One of the cleanest and friendliest places we have ever stayed in and we will use them again next time we are visiting Southampton.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights good friendly welcome,breakfast is 120% freshly cooked the owner takes pride in his work good start to the day..the outside isn't much to look at little freshen up would be good..all in all i'd stay here again,clean friendly and 5 mins from the city centre..

• Stayed April 2013
Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I booked here for one night as I had an early business meeting in the city centre. Location was more convenient that the usual Premier Inns. I was pleasantly surprised. Spotlessly clean room, great shower and nice breakfast. Friendly welcome, including a gorgeous dog!
Was nice to have an abundance of coffee/tea/milk sachets in the room - it's a small point but most big hotels I stay in only give you two or three.
Would certainly stay again and am happy to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 5 November 2012

STAY HERE! My boyfriend and I came here for one night. This place is perfect! Easy walking distance to all attractions. The room itself is lovely, comfy bed, generous pillows, plenty of storage, heated perfectly and good pressure shower. I wish we were staying for longer as it really is the perfect place to explore from. The owners were really friendly and helpful with ideas for places to eat or see. The breakfast was full English.....with all the trimmings and generous serving. I love this place if I was in Southampton again I would definitely stay here and will be recommending to all my friends.
The only thing that could do with improvement to make this property 10/10 would be to descale the kettles in the room more regularly, I couldn't use mine and a full length mirror on the back of the doors in the room would be awesome. Other than that I can't fault this place wicked value and charming place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, Saturday 1 Sept as i was collecting friends from the Cruise terminal early next morning.
Easy to find, owners were pleasant whan I arrived and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Very close to the Cruise terminal and also for a good night out (Bedford Road).
Excellent breakfast available at 8am (which really suited me) and it set me up for the long journey back to Yorkshire.
The room was clean and everything I'd expected for £30.00 - Real value for money as far as I was concerned.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
bournemouth
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I, booked to stay here last minute on Friday 30th June, as we had a wedding to attend. we arrived in the afternoon and shown to our room. It was a double room (8a) with a toilet and shower just down the hall. The room was basic with a flat screen T.V and was very clean. The toilet and shower room was also very clean. The bed was really comfy , we had a really good night's sleep. Breakfast was really nice, and the proprietor's were really friendly. central location and value for money

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple