“Lovely meal”
Review of Indian Melody

Indian Melody
Ranked #85 of 966 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: the first and only authentic indian vegetarian restarant in Hampshire
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a lovely meal here last night. I had seen the reviews about the poor service so when my husband said the person he spoke to on the phone to book a table was really surly I was a bit worried. However my concerns were unfounded. The owner / manager was friendly and enthusiastic about his food and the waitress was happy to give advice and recommenations. The decor in the restaurant as well as the food was 'something different', really interesting and tasty. The biggest compliment is that my husband who is a die hard carnivore said that he said he really enjoyed it and would love to go back.

Date of visit: November 2013

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We booked a table for this restaurant as it had been highly recommended by a friend at work, and as myself and my daughter are vegetarian we were very interested. We arrived and after drinks we're served we were asked if we'd like popadom, we asked for one each, rather promptly 2 popadoms were placed on the table on top of a tray of pickles. There were 3 in the party! Anyway, I asked for 1 more and she bought 2!! The waitress said the menu states they come in 2's.....??
The extensive menu is a minefield, we asked a couple of questions of the passing waitresses and they didn't seem to know anything about what was in any of the dishes!!
There is a matriarchal lady overseeing the aforementioned waitresses, she was constantly shouting at the poor girls. Who were highly embarrassed.
The food arrived and we weren't very impressed, most was left on the plate.
Also, my husband had to go to the bathroom, he came back saying they weren't up to scratch, and for him to say that, they must have been bad!
I won't be returning.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank Winchy123
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Visited at lunchtime to join friends for buffet lunch. Very hospitable people and the complimentary dessert was yummy. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Been here 3 times now and every time the food is excellent. Lunchtime deals are very good value and the only truly authentic place in the area. The decor is truly unique with an antique colonial feel and very friendly and helpful staff. I will always try and go back whenever I make the long trip to Southampton!

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Whilst on a trip staying nearby we stumbled across the restaurant whilst looking for a bite to eat. Menu looked good and a reasonable price, restaurant was nicely layed out and food came quickly, standard of good was good however one of the meals was a small portion, the meal was reasonable value for money. Would come again if in the area but, overall an ok experience

Date of visit: October 2013