Hotel looks impressive from the outside. Check in staff were friendly but the room was not ready to be checked into until well past 5pm. The room was very tired and dated, saggy mattresses, bathroom a bit tatty, and considering there were 2 of us sharing a twin room, the refreshments were not sufficient for 2 people. The pianist in the bar area was a really nice touch. Breakfast in the morning was superb, a fantastic choice of items, though for a 4 star hotel, I was surprised that there were no staff available to serve the cooked breakfast items. Overall my impression of the hotel was that of a 3 star, although having a pianist stood it out a bit more. The rooms are desperately in need of updating though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton