Grand Harbour Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$72
Agoda.com
US$126
US$120
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
2,108 results
All reviewscruise packagecruise terminalone night staybuffet styleshopping centregood nights sleepwest quayatriumshipportdocks
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked this hotel through Booking.com, and our confirmation stated "half board included." When we arrived, about 10:30 am, after flying a "red-eye" to London Heathrow, the room was not ready. We were exhausted, so sat in the lobby, sleepily for some time. Once a staff member even woke us from our stupor to tell us they were working on a room. We got the message and dragged ourselves (luggage was checked with the concierge desk) outside for a short walk to the nearby mall for a snack and coffee. There is a pricey restaurant in the hotel, but we felt the walk would do us good and save some cash as we were short on £. After getting settled in our room, a nice room overlooking the harbor, but no AC and it was 90+F that day. They had provided a fan and we were able to prop open a large window for air flow. This is Uncharacteristic weather for Southampton.
At this point it was time for dinner. I asked what was included in our booking at the front desk and was told unless we booked the "Cruise Package," dinner was not included. We ventured out. Next morning I asked again and got the same response. I did not have my booking document on hand regarding half-board, but it should have been noted on our booking and the staff should have checked. I am still trying to get a partial refund from this hotel, but they have not responded to my online request after over a month.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, overlooking the harbor, as opposed to overlooking the city. The picturesque s part of Old Southampton is a short walk away, but cannot really be seen from the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Grand Harbour Hotel right opposite Southampton Boat Show so great location
Bit pricey for a 4 star but good rooms with decent size beds. Understand it's about to be refurbished - does need a bit of updating
Had two evening meals at the hotel one from the Season Menu and one form the A La. Carte. Both excellent and reasonably priced as was the wineWould be happy to stay here again but would need to save up

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Madhu B, Operations Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear slt504221

Thank you for your review and positive feedback, I was delighted you enjoyed both dining experiences at the hotel and I will of course forward your comments on to our Kitchen Brigade and Food & Beverage Team.

As you mentioned we are due to undergo a refurbishment in the New Year when all bedrooms will be refurbished and air-conditioning installed in all bedrooms along with new beds. Our Number 5 restaurant and Royal Bar are also to be fully refurbished, so very exciting times ahead for the hotel.

I am pleased you would be happy to return to the Grand Harbour hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked this hotel last year as a De Vere hotel we have used this Hotel many time for pre cruise.
We booked a £165 deluxe room with harbour balcony view.
This room was disgusting not even basic cleaning
Could not see out of the balcony window as it had blow
Mould every were
Cigarette buts on balcony
Moss mould on balcony
Fridge Still have previous customers food in it
Stained bedding
Floors had not been vacuumed
£10 to park car it has been £5 all the times before
Contacted them they didn't even bother to respond
Disgraceful Dirty hotel

Room Tip: Don't go if you think it is De vere they have sold to a French company
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bjthome1
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I paid £175 for what was a rather shabby room in what is supposed to be 5 star luxury. The whole hotel has the feel of faded grandeur and the room itself was very tired with a bathroom more reminiscent of a budget hotel. Mold around the bath, worn surfaces, loose shower head etc and to cap it all, the iron left a streak of brown gunk over my clean white shirt......its called attention to detail. also note, the room had no air con so it must get very hot in the summer.
I attempted to get a drink in the bar and gave up after spending at least 15 mins being ignored by the three staff who were obviously being very busy doing something - not sure what. Gave up in the end and went to the pub up the road.
If this was a £80 budget hotel in London then OK - but I paid £175 to stay here and it really did not justify this price. If the management would like to contact me then I will let them know the room number.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WestWalesHorse

Dear WestWalesHorse

Thank you for your review, whilst I was very disappointed to read the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel did not meet your expectations, we welcome our guest feedback to enable us to continually improve our standards and service.

Please be assured we have a maintenance programme in place to refresh our bathrooms ahead of the £4million refurbishment that is due to start in the New Year, this will include a full bedroom refurbishment plus the installation of air-conditioning and new beds and also the refurbishment of our restaurant and bar area.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is rated poor because it is meant to be 5 star. Admittedly from the outside it is very striking as is the reception area.
Where I believe the hotel falls down is a couple of minor things first such as the large TV being on far to loud in the bar and the rooms being rather tired.
My major point is the appalling bed in room 320 which you could feel the bed springs fighting to get out!
This has to be the worst bed in Southampton which you wouldn`t expect in any grade hotel let alone a 5 star.
Also rather annoying is there lack of response when I put this to them via e-mail.
Probably wise to look elsewhere before committing to this hotel first.

Room Tip: Avoid room 320 if you require sleep!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew H

Dear Andrew H

Thank you for your review, how disappointed I was to read your comments following our recent stay. At the hotel we work hard to meet our guests expectations, what a shame you did not mention to the Duty Manager you were unhappy during your stay when we had an opportunity to resolve this for you.

On a positive note the hotel is due to start a £4million refurbishment in the New Year, when not only will air-conditioning be installed in the newly refurbished rooms but we will also receive new beds. Our Number 5 restaurant and Royal Bar will also undergo a full refurbishment, so there are exciting times ahead for the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any convenience you were caused during your visit but I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future in order that we may restore your faith in the hotel.