I've recently stayed at the hotel with my husband and baby daughter as we had a family party to attend just outside of Southampton. We chose the hotel as it has a pool and the price appeared pretty reasonable and competitive compared to others in the city which looked to have little to offer as alternative options. I must admit I'd read a few reviews of the Grand Harbour prior to our visit and I could feel myself starting to have the convulsions of a panic attack whilst driving on the M27 that our room would be small, devoid of natural day light and the bathroom would be covered in mould as per the negative reviews that were going through my mind.
We arrived and I have to say the hotel is very grand looking from the outside and very elegant inside, the reception staff friendly and helpful and almost straight away I started to feel relaxed.
The room was larger than I expected, it had the cot we had requested in it and was very comfortable, warm and clean. We ate lunch in the bar which was excellent albeit a little slow in arriving.
The pool was great, ideal for children and we enjoyed swimming in there with our daughter who absolutely loved it.
Breakfast the next morning had everything you could want and having had a very comfortable sleep, we were in good spirits. It tasted great. It was a shame our waitress seemed a little 'uptight', but our exerberant daughter did however manage to get a smile out of her eventually.
All in all a really good place to stay and I really wouldn't listen to anything negative on here, any faults are very minor and the people that have given poor reviews can only be very unhappy individuals, or have meaningless lives needing to nitpick about trivial matters. Recommended stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton