2013 is the fourth year my wife and I have stayed at the Grand Harbour at Christmas.
Every year, it's shown it's age but this year it's reached an undeniably unacceptably low standard.
From trivial things such as the TV remote not working to greater inconveniences such as the steam room being out of order, only one shower in working condition in the male changing room and the bathroom in our room being decidedly below par in terms of cleanliness and general state of repair.
I understand a refurb is planned. Boy, is it necessary. In the meantime, you'd be forgiven for thinking they're letting the place fall apart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton