Upon arrival the hotel looks great but this hotel is about to undergo refurbishment and needs it. The rooms are OK but the bathrooms are dirty and the toilets disgusting. I used to live in Southampton and always wanted to stay in this hotel and now wish I hadn't.
Breakfast seemed OK until I realised I was eating an under-cooked sausage. Unfortunately by the time I had checked out I was dashing to the loo and was ill for the next 36 hours. I reported it to the hotel who tried to pass the blame to something/somewhere else but I know it couldn't have been anywhere else. They are now investigating but I don't expect to hear anything back from them.
Management need to go on a customer services course - I don't expect to be called "dear" whilst making a complaint. Other staff were exceptionally polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton