I stayed in this hotel in 2010 and had a great time found no fault with it whatsoever. So this year booked a 2 night stay to take my husband away for his birthday I picked here because we loved it so much. Around 5 weeks before our stay I booked spa treatments for us both and was over the moon we could have them at the same time. Around a week before we were due to stay I received a phone call from someone at the spa asking to speak to me regarding my spa treatments, I phoned back and left a message and asked to be called back, when I had not heard the next day I phoned again and was told everyone was being sent on a course for 4 days and therefore I could not have my treatments but they were trying to get temp staff to cover it but that the manager would ring me back at 2pm that day to talk to me. At 5pm I called back as not heard anything and was told by the "acting manager" that could he let me know next week some time if I could have the treatments I explained that having the spa and swimming pool was a main part of staying at the hotel and if I couldn't have them then I would look to stay somewhere else he promised to ring me back later that night with an answer. I have still not heard anything and therefore cancelled my stay there after I phoned the next day and tried to book a spa treatment for the same time and was told the spa was closed for refurbishments and so was the swimming pool and a restaurant. My main issue is being led on to believe that something was trying to be sorted rather than being honest and saying the spa/swimming pool and sauna were closed. So I never actually ended up staying there and would never book again to stay there I think the service I received was appalling and the hotel need to seriously look into their spa management. Luckily I managed to find somewhere else to stay however was unable to stay in Southampton where I originally wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Superbreak UK and Priceline so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton