A very average hotel definitely not worthy of its 4 stars.
New refurbished rooms still leave a lot to be desired, very basic amenities in rooms, no mini bar or fridges, no complimentary bottles of water and certainly no pen and paper for those little notes.
Air con is either non existent or doesn't work. Many rooms have oil filled radiators to heat them up. The hotel proudly announces that £4million is being spent on refurbishments but fail to see where.
Night concierge is surly and almost resents having to make food, and breakfast staff seem to be few and far between.
Refurbishments are still on going so drilling and hammering early in the morning is common.For such a big chain of hotels this is a poor show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton