“Very nice hotel. Huge bed!”

Grand Harbour Hotel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel. Huge bed!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a package to peppa pig world!

I had a room for myself and a 9 and 6 year old. Party also included 2 adults over 60 and a couple sharing with a toddler.

All of us had lovely rooms. Mine in particular very spacious. Very clean rooms and bathroom. Odd mark on a couple of towels though.

I had the biggest bed ever and very comfortable.

Food was excellent and the hotel was very accommodating of the children.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Nat E
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Nat E,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so very pleased that all of your party enjoyed your stay at the hotel on your recent visit to Peppa pig World. Thank you again.
Laura Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is what you need for a business hotel being clean and functional. I visited it when it just opened 20 years ago. I was back in April. The atrium is a nice feature and my room had very nice views of the harbour side. Bar wouldn't take cash after 11pm but could charge to room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank peelypost
Dear PeelyPost, Thank you very much for your recent review on your stay. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and found the hotel met your needs and expectations. Thank you again.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I wanted to follow up on the recent feedback given below on the 11th April under Samantha H. Unfortunately I cannot edit my feedback and add an additional comment, so my partner has logged in and I'm updating from his account (Trip Advisor - your contact us button isn't working).

Anyway, I wanted to add, that following feedback given directly to the hotel, the customer service manager has been in touch with me and we have spoken on the phone. I am pleased to say that we have come to a satisfactory outcome in relation to my complaint and they have assured me that there is a refurbishment programme on going and the room we had will be updated accordingly. She has also assured me that the maintenance team and housekeeping team have been spoken to and asked to ensure that any issues with rooms that the staff pick up are dealt with promptly.

I didn't feel it fair to just leave the negative review below without advising readers that the hotel has taken the complaint seriously and, I feel, clearly want to do the best to resolve the issues they are having currently

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room until all the rooms have been updated.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vinny068
Dear Samantha H / Vinny068, Thank you for your follow up reply. We take all comments and concerns very seriously, and are dedicated to rectifying them. Guest opinions are very important to us, and your recognition of this is very much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Harbour several times and I have never had any issues. It is very pleasant but the rooms are starting to look tired though and could do with a makeover. There was evidence that this was actually happening I am pleased to say because I really do like this hotel. Staff are extremely courteous and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I look forward to staying at this hotel again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Russell P
Dear Russell P, Thank you for taking the time to post a review, especially as a regular guest of the hotel. I am very pleased to read you enjoy your visits, and in particular the team service. I have passed your kind comments to the team who have taken great motivation, as have I from them.
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment, but it still looks dated!! The swimming pool and gym were very good, though the jacuzzi was not working. My room was big, with a balcony, but shower and some furnishings were in need of a refresh.
Breakfast was average, service (and room service) was very slow. Food overall disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Andree W, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that you do not like the new look of the hotel. The new look has been very welcomed by most of our guests, and I am very sorry to learn that this is not the case for you. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment with the food and beverage offering, I have passed your comments to both the head chef and Restaurant manager to rectify these issues immediately. Thank you again for your feedback.
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. The room we were given was fine, and looked as if it had been included in the refurbishment programme that's taking place at this hotel currently. The balcony though, was very tired and in need of a jet wash and overall good clean.
The breakfast was adequate also and not too bad at £10 a head.
Parking also was adequate, £10 from 15:00 on the day you check in until 15:00 the next day, giving us time to go for lunch elsewhere after we'd checked out.
The swimming pool area left an awful lot to be desired. There were no pool side showers, and I'd just walked down a long flight of stairs in my bare feet to get to the pool, only to find I had to return up the same flight, shower and then go back down again. The water in the pool was far too warm, more like a bath. The childrens' paddling pool was cordoned off with drains sticking up. The smell of drains at the top of the stairs was vile, and the changing area, with rotting door frames, a tiny single cubicle for anyone who doesn't like stripping in front of strangers and just a general feeling of being very old and out of date, wasn't very nice.
I guess many people aren't even interested in the leisure facilities, but if you are, then I doubt you'll be impressed. Would only stay here again, if a really cheap deal came up, and wouldn't bother to take my swimsuit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skipper123
Dear Skipper123, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to read you found many of the aspects of your stay satisfactory, except for the club which is still undergoing works. I am sorry for the effect this has had on your overall visit. I am very pleased to read however that you would stay again, which is great to hear, thank you.
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here 12/13 April for an all girls spa weekend,
Staff polite and accommodating, had to ring housekeeping several times during our stay of which we had a very fast response to our requests..rooms comfortable but no complimentary water or fridge..they only possess 18 bath robes for the whole hotel so it's hit and miss if you actually get one...breakfast was nice with plenty to choose from...our main evening meal was very disappointing, we had several dishes to choose from and everybody was pleased with the starters and desserts however most of the main meals consisted of soggy chips and Luke warm battered fish or chicken...the swimming pool was not up to standard and for a hotel so big they only have 5 loungers around the pool...everybody was pleased with there treatments in the spa area and the staff were friendly and polite...there is no onsite parking here but a local public car park next to the hotel which charge £10.00 per night..so it cost us an extra £20.00 we were not expecting to pay out...maybe guests should have free passes if staying at this very expensive hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda B
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Linda B, Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to read there were aspects you did not enjoy, and in particular your dinner that evening. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and I have passed your concerns on to the chef for future improvements. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the breakfast and your spa treatments in the spa area.