“What a extremely nice hotel”

Grand Harbour Hotel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
London, United Kingdom
“What a extremely nice hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as a package for pepper pig world with two under 5's. The room was clean with a balcony and views of the harbour. The beds were large and so comfortable. It was a shame that the fire alarms developed a fault at 4.30am but the manager was so very apologetic and we had a free drink each the following evening as a little compensation. The pool was fantastic for the children. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff are as helpful and nice all the time I cannot praise them enough. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want delicious !!!
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Purplekal
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Purplekal, thank you for your wonderful 5 star review following your visit to Peppa Pig World. I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed every aspect of your visit with us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Laura Roberts / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Newtonhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 before our Cruise and it's clean great location. Had dinner at night and it was beautiful. Breakfast in the morning there was a lot to choose from. Hotel is not far from where all Cruise ship depart from

Room Tip: Great place to stay before going on a Cruise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank murrayk2006
Dear Murrayk2006, Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review. I am delighted to read of your enjoyment with your stay when visiting prior to your cruise. Thank you for sharing your review. I hope we will see you again soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here prior to our cruise.
Our room looked out to sea and we were able to watch our cruise liner come into dock on our veranda.
The room was large, had fluffy towels, bathroom robes and a hostess tray.
Breakfast was great with even Chocolate muffins which for a chocoholic like myself was great to take with me for my coffee later on.
They had a nice lounge where you could wait and enjoy coffee whilst waiting to leave for our cruise.
We enjoyed it so much we have rebooked for our next cruise in July.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara B
Dear Barbara B, Thank you for such a wonderful five star review I am so very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your pre cruise visit. We look forward to welcoming you back next July.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have a suite for the night and the room was so dusty. We had spent good money and expected the room to be spotless. The food was lovely and breakfast was beautiful. The room was a real let down though. Better hotels for the money.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ben P
Dear Ben P, Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the service and the food and beverage offering in the hotel during your stay. Please accept my apologies that you found your suite dusty, this is not as it should be and I have passed this to my housekeeper to ensure this does not recur.
Thank you again for your time.
Hull, UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Has a wonderful time when we visited and stayed in Southampton at the weekend.
After a 6 hour drive from Hull, we were so glad to arrive, only to find we were upgraded to a junior suite.
This was amazing and loved the fact we were upgraded for free.
We still are unaware why this happened, but appreciated that this was done.

Just to add, Sophie on reception was wonderful and put herself out to assist us at all times.
A real sweet and well mannered member of staff.

We experienced the pool and sauna and also the room facilities of the jacuzzi bath in the Junior Suite.

The breakfast was out of this world too, the full english was so fresh for my partner and I had the continental each morning.

Overall I can't wait to come and stay again, credit to all the staff as well as Sophie, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Room 550 Rigdale suite....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steph S
Dear Steph S, Thank you for the fabulous five star review. It is brilliant to read of your enjoyment. Thank you also for your wonderful comments about Sophie, who I know was as motivated as I was to read. Thank you again, and I hope we will see you again soon.
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions over the years, and consider it to be overpriced and sometimes overrated. I upgraded to a harbour view room on arrival, having stayed in a town view room in the past (bit dreary) - much better and perhaps worth spending the extra money.

Dinner was served in the Atrium (as there were not that many guests). The food was good, but it was like the Arctic! I can confirm that the A/C works!

Breakfast was average.

Overall an OK experience

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear RogerD, Thank you for your Review. I am pleased you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, and hope that as a regular visitor you will enjoy seeing the changes taking place in the hotel. I am sorry that although you rank us highly in some areas, such as cleanliness and service, your overall experience was average, but please note we have taken on board your comments and I hope on your next visit you will feel your stay is far more of a 'Great' experience.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel in all aspects. I stayed here for a few nights for the Southampton Boat Show and it works really well since the entrance to the show is 100meters away from the hotel entrance. The food is good too.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MrGrimston
Dear Mr Grimston, Thank you for your 5 star review. It is fabulous to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that we suited all your needs. We hope to see you again soon