Grand Harbour Hotel
US$93
US$75
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
US$90
US$77
  • Restaurant
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$123
US$98
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
2,105 results
All reviewscruise packagecruise terminalone night staybuffet styleshopping centregood nights sleepwest quayatriumshipportdocks
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Hotel lobby is lovely. Unfortunately the rooms weren't quite as pleasant. Very dark and the colours drab. I don't think the carpet had been hoovered for weeks and behind the bed was a line of dust. The beds were uncomfortable and the springs kept making a noise... I much prefer memory foam and was quite surprised not to be, as most 4star Hotels have memory foam these days.
The Atrium was amazing but my friend was a quite put-off, whilst eating her meal by seeing a Man above, in the Spa area, with very little on.
The Food, although quite expensive, was truly wonderful and tasty.
I enjoyed the Atrium after breakfast, where you could sit and relax with a newspaper.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, but there was room for improvement!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear MrsTStNeots, thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your experience overall at the hotel. Our refurbishment is now complete so should you return to the hotel I am sure you will find the new look rooms, with new beds more accommodating. I have passed your room comments onto the housekeeping team to ensure this does not recur. I pleased you enjoyed the food, and the atmosphere in the Atrium. I hope we may see you again.
Laura -

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed as part of the ultimate cruise package prior to sailing, the package was excellent value for money. Included was over night stay, ship transfers, car parking, bottle of wine, dinner and breakfast. The hotel was very good and the balcony room allowed us to watch the ships sailing in.
The quality of the food was very good and as part of the package you got evening meal and breakfast. In the restaurant they informed us that as part of the package we could order any three cases, although the bill for the next day showed some charges. We were then informed we had a £29 per person allowance, the hotel did resolve this issue. The quality of the food was really good.
The atmosphere in the hotel is lovely, although in the public areas the music needs changing as it is a constant repeat of relaxing music you would expect to hear in the spa.
This hotel is defintely worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the ships
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura D
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Laura D, Thank you for your great review of your stay with us. I was delighted to read of your enjoyment of your stay and the Cruise package you were on. The package is a fabulous way to start your cruising vacation with, and I am very pleased that you found it great value. I hope we will see you again soon.
Laura -
Laura Roberts/General Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed for a two night spa break. The weather was good so we walked out in the day around our spa appointments. Southampton is a lovely place to explore. The Spa was relaxing. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. The food was exceptional and I would like to give a special mention for Destiny in the dining room who looked after us so well. Thank you very much Destiny. We had a twin deluxe room overlooking the water and was really lovely, comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon H
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Sharon H, Thank you so much for your fabulous five star review. It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your visit, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share this. I am sure Destiny will have taken great motivation from your comments, as have I, thank you.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel seemed to have changed name and management as having stayed at this hotel before,this time I was extremely disappointed.Room service took 2 hrs to serve our meal,the fittings especially in the bathroom are rusted and disgusting to look at.No response from the operator,receptionist or room service several times.Not worth coming back to

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Nazmusa, I am very sorry to hear of the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. I am sorry I have no record of these issues and I would very much value the opportunity to talk further with you to understand when this occurred to ensure it does not recur.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the common areas are well presented and the restaurant clean serving a good buffet breakfast. However, the room I had on this stay was basic and very tired looking, the decor was in urgent need of a full refurbishment. I had been told that this hotel was the best in Southampton if that's true the standard has not been set very high. I did stay in a better room on my previous visit, but even that needed a little tlc! In summary this hotel is ok for one night on an infrequent basis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Odessa47, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay with us. Our refurbishment is now complete for all the rooms which included new furniture in all rooms, so hopefully should you choose to return in the future you will enjoy the decor more. All feedback is vital to us and our programme for continued growth and improvement and I thank you for your comments.