Stayed in this hotel after disembarking from QM2 early in the morning. Asked about early check in to be told check in is at 3 pm. Fully understanding how hotels work we asked if it was POSSIBLE to have an early check in.Answer "Check in is at 3 "
SO, if you have a mini monopoly on accommodation at Southampton due to the cruise ship industry, make sure you have excellent staff.
Grand Harbour failed miserably in this department..
Guest Parking charge of 10 pound for the night when parking next door is 2 pound.
No bar fridge
Housekeeping never answered phone so ice delivery to room 40 mins later after speaking to reception twice
Auto key didn't work (twice) so had to go down to reception twice.
Advertised WiFi in all areas, dreadful
The positives, lovely comfortable room, good bed, good shower, good A/C
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton