Grand Harbour Hotel
US$90
US$73
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$89
US$81
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
2,108 results
All reviewscruise packagecruise terminalone night staybuffet styleshopping centregood nights sleepwest quayatriumshipportdocks
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is clean and service is good. I stayed in the Chilton suite which I think is the best layout Ive ever seen at a hotel.

Its comfortable and is a good recommendation for a place to stay as it is close to the peir and shopping. I guess something was missing but I cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe it just seemed out of place in Southampton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Caludia857, Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in the Chillworth suite, and I am pleased that you happily recommend as a place to stay in Southampton.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel after disembarking from QM2 early in the morning. Asked about early check in to be told check in is at 3 pm. Fully understanding how hotels work we asked if it was POSSIBLE to have an early check in.Answer "Check in is at 3 "
SO, if you have a mini monopoly on accommodation at Southampton due to the cruise ship industry, make sure you have excellent staff.
Grand Harbour failed miserably in this department..
Guest Parking charge of 10 pound for the night when parking next door is 2 pound.
No bar fridge
Housekeeping never answered phone so ice delivery to room 40 mins later after speaking to reception twice
Auto key didn't work (twice) so had to go down to reception twice.
Advertised WiFi in all areas, dreadful
The positives, lovely comfortable room, good bed, good shower, good A/C

Room Tip: room with a view of the harbour
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madeleine671

Dear Madeleine671, Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you found the room lovely and the bed comfortable with good facilities in the room. I am sorry that we were unable to check you in prior to check in time and I have passed your comments to the team in regards to the way in which they communicated this to you so that they may improve this for future. Unfortunately, particularly on large cruise days with the amount of guests boarding and disembarking we do not have available rooms to assist with an early check in, I am truly sorry this has detracted from your visit. I am pleased however you found our location to the cruise terminal helpful. Thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful hotel, no bad points whatsoever. Staff were very busy dealing with other guests arriving & departing from cruise ships but took time time for all guests.
We only had breakfast & that was excellent, plenty of choice
Ideal for visiting Southampton, close to Town Quay & cruise terminal

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meggsy54

Dear Meggsy54, Thank you so much for your fabulous 5 star review, it is very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I hope we may be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here many times, The Grand Harbour is a very impressive Hotel. I have stayed in most of the room types, even been upgraded to the Master Suite, which is amazing, but sadly I would not be able to afford this luxury had it not been for the upgrade. It was possibly the best room I have ever stayed in. Suite, that is, as it has a hall, dining room, lounge, bathroom with whirlpool bath.
The standard rooms are good, the more expensive ones that have a balcony with outside furniture are really lovely, especially if the weather is good to appreciate eating alfresco. The family rooms are big enough.
It is a shame that the leisure centre, and pool is so fare away from most of the rooms, as if you like to make use of these facilities, it is quite awkward wearing a bathrobe with that far to walk and a pain if you have to get dressed and pack a bag, that defeats the object of a hotel pool.
Overall, i think accommodation is over priced, it needs to be more competitive, with the new hotels so close and better value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear SueSunshiny, Thank you for your review regarding your last visit in January. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit, as with other visits you have had. Please note we do have many special offers on our website should you wish to visits again in the future and looking for special deals. I hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights before embarking on a cruise. It is a very convenient location for this. Also, we returned a rented car to Enterprise car rentals and it is a very short walk to the hotel.

Our room was a deluxe king size bed. The room was large, had a view of the harbour. The king size bed was actually two beds pressed together and was very comfortable. There is no mini-bar in the room. There are coffee and tea making facilities.

The bathroom has an air vent but no exhaust fan. The shower was accessed by stepping into a bath. The towels on my scale 0 (thin/small/rough) to 10 (thick/large/luxurious) rate 8. The toilet and wash basin could be cleaner but still acceptable.

We didn't have breakfast.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed our stay and we would stay here again before embarking on a cruise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nigelbalaam, Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, and found the team friendly. Our location is perfect for when leaving on a cruise, we trust you had a fantastic time and hope we may welcome you back again soon.