We arrived at the Grand Habour for a Hen Weekend, the reception area was lovely. We were taken to the spa area where we were greeted with a notice informing guests the jaquzzi was not in use due to refurbishment. We went to the pool area which was lovely, clean and peaceful UNTIL the extremely loud drilling began, not very relaxing for a spa weekend. 4 put of the group of 6 had massages and the beauticians did a great job. We went to the restaurant for our evening meal, we were sat and we asked for some tap water, we asked twice, took 20 minutes to arrive. We then ordered out starters, again a long wait but they were very good. Our main meals arrived well over an hour after our arrival. One of our guests began eating her meal and it was not as it was advertised on the menu. Unfortunately due to it containing and ingredient she is unable to eat it had to be sent back. She did not have time to reorder as we had somewhere else to be so was offered a starter. We were told this would be bought out immediately and in fact it was left in the kitchen and the poor waitress has not been notified. She received her started as we finished our mains. Destiny then became our waitress who had been working her socks off and is a real credit to the team. We ordered our desserts and she ensured we received these in good time. She was such a friendly waitress and really knew what good quality customer service means. Such a shame the rest of the team were like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set sail for a unique stay at the 4-star Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton. Overlooking Southampton waterfront, this iconic hotel with its towering glass atrium is a cut above the rest. Visit one of two restaurants each with their contemporary cuisine or try the unique candlelit spa. If you are in Southampton on business we can facilitate any meeting requirements with our impressive function rooms and dedicated event co-ordinators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Agoda, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Grand Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton
- De Vere Grand Harbour Southampton
- De Vere Hotel Southampton