“great family stay”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Leicester, United Kingdom
“great family stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

we stayed here for my daughters birthday with all the family, it was a great hotel, lovely pool, great breakfast, hotel rooms with balconys, proffessional, couldnt fault it. we would deffinatley return and have recommended it to friends visiting the area.

Room Tip: go for exec room with balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank HONESTEYISMYPOLICY
Grand Harbour H... S, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Youdontknowmeright

Thank you for your delightful 5 star review, I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel celebrating your daughter’s birthday and that all aspects of your stay exceeded our expectations.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Harbour Hotel in the future.

Regards
Laura Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

writting back to my previous review
we were told there was a jacuzzi when we get there!
information wasn't passed on. which isn't our fault.
definitely not worth what we paid!
we did inform the reception but noone wanted to help!
just a shame really as a nice hotel (apart from dust)

• Stayed August 2014
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Jaxkym, I am sorry that your agent who you booked via did not advise you in advance that we did not have a Jacuzzi. We had advised them back in May as only they had contact information for you. I can appreciate this must have been disappointing for you to find out on check in. Unfortunately we could not change this as the spa itself was still being built at the time; however I am pleased to say this is now completed. My apologies that because of this you did not enjoy your visit.
Laura Roberts / General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had a surprise Birthday Party there on Sat 9th Aug. Everything was perfect, buffet food was lovely. Staff very accommodating. Our bedroom was very clean and fresh could not fault it. Topped off today with a full body massage at their Spa. Just gorgeous!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank parusher
Dear parusher, Thank you for your fabulous five star review. I am so pleased your surprise birthday went well and that you had a great time. I am delighted that all aspects of your stay went well from the party to the room and service. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great feedback.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked this hotel prior to visiting Peppa Pig world .I stayed with my daughter in law and two young grand sons. We had an excellent meal outside in the grounds and the service was excellent and the meal very tasty. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. I would stay at this hotel again and we did enjoy the pool area. Very near to Peppa world and we had a great fun day at the park

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Irene C
Dear Irene C, Thank you so much for your fabulous 5 star review, it is wonderful to read how much you all enjoyed your visit to the hotel and to Peppa Pig World. It is great to read your lovely comments about the hotel team, who I know will take great motivation from your words, as do I, thank you. I hope we will see you all again soon.
Oxford
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here with friends following a birthday speedboat trip at the nearby harbour, which is highly recommended too. The design winning glass atrium was light and airy and it's glass lift was particular fun to ride in. We were amazed that the bar does not do any type of snack with their drinks (meals only). It was sometimes a bit disconcerting watching the not always beautiful, (well rather large, bruised and pale) swimmers walking up and down a spiral staircase above you through a glass partition! The lifts and check in were painfully SLOW. The pool area was undergoing some refurbishment and the jacuzzi and children's pool were out of action. Our room had strange ethnic type smell which was not entirely pleasant but there was a small balcony and it was comfortable and quiet enough. The best thing about our visit was the evening meal in the dining room, my goats cheese starter was delicious and as it was a very special occasion we pushed the boat out and had a chateubriand for two which was sublime,
I'd go as far as saying it was probably the best steak I have ever had in England (and as good as many in France) - we even squished in a pudding as the food was so nice. Breakfast was the usual buffet scrum event but the waiting staff were very good and friendly. The hotel is also right next door the shopping centre which was an added bonus.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view and balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Miss_Adventure09
Dear Miss_Adventure09, Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed most of the aspects of your stay, in particular your celebration dinner in the restaurant, both food and service. We very much appreciate your kind words and the time you have taken to share your review of the hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed Thursday and Friday evening. The hotel from the outside looked a four / five star hotel but this changed upon entrance. The check in experience was poor. There was only one receptionist at the busiest time of the day (6pm). We had been informed on booking we would be in a twin room which was ok but the single beds were tiny. The pressure on the shower in the room was pathetic at best.
On a positive the breakfast was quite good although the staff seemed to struggle to clear the tables. This seemed due to the lack of numbers rather than work rate.
I also hate being "ripped off" and feel that £2.10 for a soda and lime was a bit excessive.
The hotel has the opportunity to provide a great impression for visitors arriving at the docks but the management need to pull their fingers out.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stroods
Dear Stroods, Thank you for taking the time to share a review. I am sorry to read you were disappointed with your stay, please accept my apologies for this. I have spoken to the reception Manager to ensure that in peak times all the team members are present on the desk. I have also passed your comments on to the restaurant Manager for review with the team in regards to the service at breakfast, I am however pleased you enjoyed the offering itself.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Checked into hotel 8th August, on arrival at the room I checked the bed! Sorry if that sounds strange but it's something I always do. Where do I start....checking to see if there was a mattress protector I noticed an odour, after slipping off the pillow cases I found that all four were stained and smelt awful, also the quilt inside the cover was badly stained all items were obviously unwashed. I spoke to Charmaine after being directed to her by the reception staff, she came to the room and saw first hand the items mentioned it was at the point I pulled back the mattress protector to discover a badly stained mattress. Would you expect this of a four star hotel? Charmaine assured us the problems would be sorted and asked us to take a complimentary drink in the bar whilst things were remedied! Tea was ordered, served with two dirty teaspoons! We were eventually taken to a new room and it was announced that we had been given an upgrade! and that Charmaine and the head housekeeper had themselves seen to it that the room was clean, one has to ask if the room was empty why was it not clean enough to move straight in to, or do you only clean properly when someone makes a fuss? We did not ask for an upgrade we simply wanted a clean room and bed in the first place! The hotel is I am afraid to say grubby, they will say they have had a total refurb, not true, the bed in the first room was an old one, although I might mention that when checking out a gentleman on the desk tried to tell my husband otherwise which prompted my husband to cancel all additional reservations. What can I say except shouldn't have suggested my husband was a liar....should he? Will my husband and I stay there again.....NO!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Lesley W
Laura R, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Lesley W, Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with your first room. I am also very sorry to read that in their attempts to reassure you for the remainder of your stay that we have merely caused further concern, please accept my sincere apologies to you both. I have also spoken with the receptionist who checked you out and offer his apologies for any offense inadvertently caused. Since your last visit in 2011, all beds have been replaced in a rolling program. I can also assure you that we have invested £4 million pounds with a full refurbishment in the past 4 months, and all the bedrooms received new furniture and fittings. Once again my sincere apologies.