Ibis Southampton Centre
Grand Harbour Hotel(Southampton)
  • Bar/Lounge
Star Hotel(Southampton)
1,059 results
All reviewstgi fridaystrain stationcruise terminalaccor hotelsretail parkshopping centrewould stay againcomfortable bedshort staywest quaywithin easy walking distancemayflower theatrepre cruiseper dayone night stayfollowing morningnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I arranged and booked a trip for two people with learning and physical disabilities at the Ibis for a pre-cruise stay. Because they use mobility scooters, I had to arrange for these to be stored with their luggage the day before their arrival by train. This was arranged without question, as was an excellent disabled access room and they came for three nights prior to a cruise. As well as what they descibed brilliant facilities they also told me that the staff also helped one of them with repairing his scooter which had been damaged outside the hotel. Also when I arrived to take them to the cuise ship the staff were most helpful in getting everything sorted in terms of their luggage and directions. They deserve very high praise for going beyond normal expectations
Dr David Race

Room Tip: Disable people or advocates phone the hotel first to check if the accessible room(s0 are available, then go for it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Dr Race,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, which I will pass to my team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a lovely stay at the ibis. The staff were great nothing was to much for them. The room we had was really clean , the cleaners were in every day. the room was about the same size as my bedroom at home with a great on suite it was on the third floor room 314 . Thank you ibis we couldnt fault you. if we stay at Southampton again we will book with you again. there is No pool sorry i pressed the wrong thing.

Room Tip: we looked across from southampton central rail station.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Me and my partner stayed here on the 22nd April 2014 for 1 night. It was a last minute booking and seemed like good value for a recognised hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we were given room number 330. The bed had not been made, the curtains were still drawn, a stiff stench lingered in the room which we found to be another guests feces. The bath tub was full of body hair, as was the sink. Used towels, used cups/mugs. Frustrated at this me and my partner went back down to the Lobby to ask for a new room. The lady on the desk suggested we waited for our room to be cleaned. Bearing in mind we could check in from noon, to be told at 3pm we can wait was a little inconvenient. Eventually our room changed to 326 and thankfully it was clean, we thought!! On the main duvet were blood stains, urine stains around the toilet and when in the morning going for a bath it had flooded the bathroom floor and a previous guests bodily hair bedded underneath me. I was disgusted and was so thankful to be leaving that day. The nights sleep was uncomfortable, bed was hard and a thin mattress was used to 'comfort' the solid bed. Room got very stuffy due to lack of ventilation, no fan in bathroom. Windows awkwardly opened allowing minimal fresh air to pass through the room. Staff were friendly enough, can't fault anyone for being in anyway rude as such, however when leaving the hotel, I handed back the key and the man who was on the front desk showed no interest whatsoever regarding the stay we had. His words were 'ok, I've checked you out of your room'

I will certainly not be staying here again and do not recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we are currently investigating the matters you brought to our attention. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

pre-cruise stay.

welcoming friendly reception staff.

clean well equipped room. Full bath & HOT shower.

Lots of parking charged at £5 per 24hrs.

Just up the road (2mins) from Ocean Cruise Terminal.

All you need for a stop over.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.