“Budget value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Budget value”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed at the Ibis, Southampton for over a year, arriving each week whilst on an on-going project. I have found the staff the true asset of the hotel. I receive a warm and friendly welcome and it is fast becoming like a 2nd home to me. Will have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: I nearly always get the same room, so this is now "Mine".
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear 100Lavinia,

Thank you so much for your review. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback from one of our most regular guests. I will share your comments with our team and we look forward to see you on your next visit.

Mikhail Myasin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for one night pre-cruise, staying purely based on the price. We were more than satisfied. The rooms were small and I wouldn't have liked to have stayed on a longer trip, but they were comfortable, as were the beds, and very clean.

The staff were great. There was a pleasant bar and restaurant area with reasonable prices and the breakfast was enough to put us on for a few hours.

I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Southampton.

Millisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was going on a 4 day cruise from Southhampton with 3 other women and came across this hotel by chance on the internet. We arrived at 8.30 in the morning due to our flight time being changed, the welcome we received was great and we were able to go straight to our rooms which delighted us. The hotel had arranged 2 adjoining rooms even though we hadn't requested this which meant we could open the connecting doors and be together. The whole experience was delightful and relaxing a great way to start our mini holiday. Ten out of ten. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I arranged and booked a trip for two people with learning and physical disabilities at the Ibis for a pre-cruise stay. Because they use mobility scooters, I had to arrange for these to be stored with their luggage the day before their arrival by train. This was arranged without question, as was an excellent disabled access room and they came for three nights prior to a cruise. As well as what they descibed brilliant facilities they also told me that the staff also helped one of them with repairing his scooter which had been damaged outside the hotel. Also when I arrived to take them to the cuise ship the staff were most helpful in getting everything sorted in terms of their luggage and directions. They deserve very high praise for going beyond normal expectations
Dr David Race

Room Tip: Disable people or advocates phone the hotel first to check if the accessible room(s0 are available...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Dr Race,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, which I will pass to my team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.