Novotel Southampton
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$75
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
US$113
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$106
ibis
US$98
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$85
1,886 results
All reviewsseparate toiletpolice stationexecutive roomtgi fridayspancake machinemini fridgeaccor hotelscar parkretail parkswimming poolsofa bedgood sizecruise terminalwest quay shopping centreper daypre cruiseleisure facilities
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed in this Hotel several times and are always impressed by the extremely friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always very respectful and kind. The rooms are spotless and very well appointed. The bed is very comfortable and the rooms are large. The restaurant serves excellent food and the staff are very efficient. We would recommend this hotel for either a holiday or for business and it is very close to the harbour for Southampton cruise ships.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glove1234
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for writing choosing to stay at Novotel Southampton and for taking the time to write such kind words – I will be sharing them with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We travelled by train to join our cruise ship the next morning. This hotel was ideally situated right opposite the central station. So no need to get transport. Its just a short walk into the town centre and a stroll across the car park you can see all the cruise liners in dock with lots of small restaurants nearby. The room was large with an extra bed in for my son but still plenty of room. Breakfast was included in our room rate but for what you could choose from I would of willingly paid as it was lovely. They have xbox video games for kids in the lobby area and a really good leisure centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel, it is much appreciated and we look forward to you staying with as at Novotel Southampton soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I travelled with my husband and two small children.I will cover both my positive and negative viewpoints of the hotel and hope that you find my review useful.

Positive: The hotel is in a great location. Right next to a retail park and the West Quays shopping mall. The docks and the high street are also in walking distance. We ate breakfast everyday and found the food to be both plentiful and nice tasting. There is ample choice for both adults and children. There is plenty of parking spaces even though the area is shared between three hotels, we always found a place to park. There is a gym and pool in the hotel which is free to use. The pool is fab and the water is at the perfect temperature. In addition, children under the age of 16yrs stay and eat breakfast for free. This was great especially as there is a Wii and a Xbox that the kids can play with for free in the reception area.

Negative: We had booked an executive room hoping that it would be big enough for a family of 4 - in thinking this we were wrong. The room is very small once the sofa is opened up. The is very little space to put your things. When u have small children, you carry along many items and I found that the room just did not suit us. When we asked at reception if we could have a different room- we were informed that all the executive rooms were the same size.
We ate at the hotel restaurant twice. The first meal was sufficient but on the second occasion we ordered macaroni cheese for my daughter and a plate of penne in a carbonara sauce came out. My daughter did not eat her pasta as the penne was too large for her mouth and the dish was full of bacon.At the end of our meal, we had to tell the waiter that this is not what we ordered especially as my daughter is vegetarian. My husband also ordered the chocolate special dessert. Out of the 3 things listed on the menu only one thing was provided. There was no chocolate fonduat but a dense chocolate cake served instead striaght out of the fridge may I add and rather than cookie dough ice cream he was served vanilla ice cream. In the end not a very tasty desert especially when it's nearly £7.

I did not appreciate that the pool was in the reception area. There was no privacy and quite odd walking around the hotel foyer in your swim suit and dripping water everywhere.

For a hotel that has been recently renovated I find it shocking that there is no AC. The rooms get very very very hot. None of us slept on the first night. The next morning we asked for a fan to be placed in our room and it stayed on the whole time during our holiday. Also, you can not open the window fully once the sofa bed is extended out as there simply is no space.

Overall I would stay in this hotel again purely for the location and the pool. The rooms are very small and my stay would only be in the winter months. I do not know many people that could stay during the summer months.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lawyergirlMiddlesex
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Novotel Southampton hotel.

I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your overall expectations on this occasion. At Novotel, we endeavour to provide a superior experience for every guest.

Our Leisure center does have changing rooms to allow our guest to change prior and after using these facilities.
I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us directly. If you would be so kind as to contact me on glenn.findlay@accor.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Ate as part of a function - 100 people in total. You therefore expect the food to be less agreeable than choosing a la carte - it's as much about convenience for the chef feeding that number. Food was perfectly edible, hot and tasty so in that respect it was adequate, but it didn't set the world alight. really pleased to see lots of staff, all smiling, getting the food out quickly and clearing down tables well. Maybe 3 stars is a bit mean but it certainly doesn't merit a strong recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the private function you attended at Novotel Southampton. It is great to read that you enjoyed both the food and the service. We do offer several Menu choices for our functions, ranging from set menus to fully tailored fine dining options with the final decision of the menu options down to the event organizers. Again thank you for taking the time to comment here and we do look forward to hosting you again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly, helpful and professional. Room was clean and well furnished.
Location was excellent and plenty of parking.
We only had breakfast but that was excellent- plenty of choice.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

It is great to read your comments and I will share these with our team here at Novotel Southampton. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards,