Novotel Southampton
  • Bar/Lounge
Star Hotel(Southampton)
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
1,870 results
All reviewsseparate toiletpolice stationexecutive roomtgi fridayspancake machinemini fridgeaccor hotelscar parkretail parkswimming poolsofa bedgood sizecruise terminalwest quay shopping centreper daypre cruiseleisure facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stopped here for a night before embarking on a cruise.

The hotel is superb, the rooms are lovely and the bed was deliciously comfortable. The bathroom was very well equipped and spotless although, as usual, the mirror was a little far away from the front of the the basin top and the lighting not very conducive for makeup application.

The buffet breakfast was excellent, varied and delicous. Unfortunately we had eaten dinner at home before checking in so could not experience their interesting dinner menu.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Southampton. We have noted your comment regarding the Bathroom Mirror and Lighting and we look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago.

Room had everything I needed, including a fridge. Tv channels are a bit limited, and forget trying to connect your own DVD/Media player.

Bed was a super comfy memory foam type, so I got a good nights sleep the first night.
Despite turning the thermostat right down, the room was too warm the second night?

Room was quiet too, despite being near the main road.

Breakfast was excellent & tea was the proper strength.

I don't eat in hotels because its too expensive, so you've got the option of McDonald's or a TGi Fridays next it. TGi is fine and food good. You could eat at the Ikea restaurant, which is a short walk.

Its only 5 mins walk from West Quay shopping centre and a load of other outlets

Apart from the hot room, the only other grip I have is no free WiFi

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel in Southampton and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Set in the middle of a retail park, opposite the docks and beside one of the main ring roads and your heart at first sinks. But once inside it's a joy to stay here. Spacious foyer, friendly staff and everything is very quiet. This is great place to relax and escape the bustle of outside. Room well equipped and the bathroom, like all Novotel bathrooms, is wonderful. Beds comfortable and we slept well. There was one small problem with our room (no one's fault) which was dealt with quickly. I was travelling with my family - staff were very family orientated , free children's gift on arrival was a nice touch. The only negatives were the lack of free WIFI (so many hotels give it you free these days), the cost of the breakfasts (useful tip: go to IKEA across the road) and the size of the leisure centre which had a very small swimming pool (too small for such a large hotel) and titchy changing rooms. But on the whole this was an enjoyable stay and we'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review here on tripadvisor. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, I have noted you comments regarding our Wifi, Breakfast price and leisure centre. We are all looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I would like to start by saying a massive thank you to all the staff in the hotel,all were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were very clean and spacious with nice touches of iPod docking station, coffee maker and complimentary films and Internet .We had a large family group of 35 for the New Years party and everybody had a great time with no complaints.The food was fantastic and everybody enjoyed themselves with the dance floor buzzing all evening into the early hours.The breakfast in the morning was again excellent with a wide choice from fruit to full English,the staff were also very friendly and efficient here.We will definitely be back for next New Year !
I can thoroughly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Southampton or for overnight before a cruise.
Many Thanks to Glen and all his staff. Happy New Year.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here, I am so happy that you and your Family enjoyed the Hotel and our New Years Dinner and Dance. I will be sharing your comments with the team here and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family here again for New Year 2014.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Me my son and my partner came to stay here for one night, was shocked when we entered our "executive" room to see a standard room , small and nothing executive about it. Was over charged at dinner and charged 22.50 for a steak my partner didnt even order! Loud music still being heard at ridiculous time. Never again. Only thing I couldn't fault is location.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Kjh9191

Thank you for posting your thoughts here. Our Executive rooms come with Coffee Machine, Bose Docking station, Bathrobes and Toiletries and Internet. My Apologies that we did get your bill wrong, I understand this was quickly amended by our restaurant team. We do from time to time have events held in the hotel; naturally we aim to ensure that this does not inconvenience any of our residents. Again thank you for posting your thoughts here and I will be sharing them with our team.