“Fabulous service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous service”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

What a shame we have to leave so soon. Stayed here for 5 nights while my husband was here on business. The staff were very helpful in suggesting places I could visit with my 4 year old daughter during the day. So convenient for shopping. I thought we would be disturbed by traffic but we have all slept really well and the breakfast is fabulous. Thanks

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank simon_rache
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
It was great to read your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again soon.
Glenn Findlay | General Manager | Novotel Southampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Like many cruisers whose ships leave from Southampton, we were looking for cost-efficient overnight lodging the night before sailing. We had thought to book a B & B, then realised that the Novotel is as competitively priced as the nicer B & Bs, has a great location near the docks, and offers many more services (full gym, multi-channel TV, etc.) So we booked there, not expecting any local flavour or personalisation, and got what we expected. Novotel delivers with comfortable rooms and beds, efficient housekeeping, an adequate (but forgettable) breakfast, and a position that is within walking distance of the town, cinema, shopping, the train station, and anything else we might need.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParoleAnima
Many thanks for your review, I was glad to read that you found our rooms and beds comfortable and our location was convenient. We do hope that we will see you again
Welland, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have just spent a week at this hotel and the staff were fantastic. The rooms and public areas were extremely clean, all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble for them. The pool and exercise room again was spotless and extremely well kept. I will definitely stay here again. The location is great and easy walking to the train station, bus terminal, cruise port and the shopping centre and high street.

2 Thank june w
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Many thanks for taking the opportunity to post your review here on Tripadvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your week long stay with us and you found both our team and our service up to you expectations. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Convenient for Southampton Central station... we thought three hundred yards on looking at a map - in fact, cross the road, fifty yards to the right and turn left into a vehicular entrance takes straight to the main reception. A warm, friendly and helpful receptionist checked us in and (without fuss) helped me to set up the wifi on our new toy - meanwhile my wife was chatting to the maintenance man about our planned cruise and receiving some very helpful advice. Our 4th floor room gave views of the port and cruise ships therein and the room was clean and tidy as you might always expect, equipped with tea and coffee, iron, ironing board and such like. On check-in we had booked a table for 6:30. Once again, for the smiling and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble: we enjoyed a very tasty meal in pleasant surroundings with service to match. Tomorrow we experience the breakfast which, if it's up to the standard we've enjoyed so far, I'm sure will be excellent. If not I'll let you know! This hotel is excellent for a pre-cruise stop-over and equally good for a base from which to enjoy the stores, Southampton Old Town, the Town Quay, or just chill out for a time. (We didn't use the Gym/Spar on our short overnight stay but it looked very inviting)

Room Tip: Don't take a taxi from the station - this hotel is so convenient! Upper floors give reasonable...
2 Thank Flombergasp
Many thanks for your kind words; I have shared them with the team here including Addie from our Maintenance team. We all hope you enjoy your cruise and we are looking forward to you retuning soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Reception staff very capable and helpful. All staff encountered were polite and friendly. The room was comfortable, stayed in a "superior" room which was quite plain looking really, I did wonder what the standard must look like. The bed clothes were a worn out beige colour and probably due for an update. There were shortfalls in cleanliness, I saw dirty finger marks on the bathroom door handles which should have been wiped down.

Room Tip: Didn't like the separate toilet and bathroom much
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts here on tripadvisor, I am sorry that you found our superior rooms plan and I have also shared your feedback regarding our Cleanliness with the team which we have addressed. Again thank you for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

i stayed there the weekend just past for my sons 2nd birthday. conveinent for peppa pig world. the rooms were perfect, the cover manager who was looking after the place while the general manager was away was excellent. the best service we got though was from a lovely waitress who looked after myself, my mum and nan. also my fiance and our son after getting back really late on sunday for a late dinner. we didnt get her name but she was the only female waitress on sunday evening in the main resturant. my son loved her and she wasnt allowed to move from his site. she also let my nan have a kids menu as she doesnt eat much. so if the general manager looks at trip advisor please pass on my thanks to both the covering bank bank holiday manager and the lovely waitress.also for breakfast on monday the manager ran to the other hotels to get a baby high chair as all were taken. im a resturant manager myself and if i was working in southampton i would have stolen them both from you. many thanks

1 Thank madrobbie
It is great to read your review and we are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Novotel Southampton. I think we have a fantastic team too and I will be sharing your thoughts with the team here. Again thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts here and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.