“Another good visit/stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Another good visit/stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stopped here again, this time with family we had four rooms this time between us before joining our cruise holiday
Again easy and welcoming bookin, staff friendly and helpful, rooms good clean and airy good location would stay again when in Southampton

Room Tip: Feat place to stop if your joining a cruise ship
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Glenn_Findlay, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
It is great to here from one of our regular guests here on tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you had a good stay and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Glenn Findlay | General Manager | Novotel Southampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Welcoming for family and travellers, in our case it seemed a good halfway point. The room was very comfortable and well stocked with everything you need and the breakfasts got the thumbs up from the children. Also disabled friendly and accessible although if I had to nitpick the lifts are a bit of a tight fit with a wheelchair (for anyone else)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

• Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and thanks for the thumbs up on breakfast. I have noted your comments regarding the size of our lifts and we hope to see you again soon.
• Kind Regards
• Glenn Findlay | General Manager | Novotel Southampton
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We found this hotel easy and it had parking directly out front at cost of 6GBP per day. Welcome to hotel was good. Our room was large, clean, had a comfortable bed, flat screen tv, wifi, desk and good sized bathroom. We went to breakfast towards the end time and there was very little left. There were no mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, waffles or eggs left. I had to ask for more food to be put out and the staff were not helpful, just "its coming". That was disappointing as there were a lot of people in the restaurant still eating. The food did arrive and it was okay. Not bad but not good either... just average. The location is good of the hotel and you can walk 10 minutes to large shopping centre and supermarket. If I stayed here again I would go to breakfast early.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you did enjoy your stay and we are sorry that you found our breakfast team not helpful. Our restaurant is opening late during leisure periods and does get busy before closing but we do need to ensure the buffet is fully stocked. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I booked the Novotel for one night for my husband and I and a couple of friends. Upon arrival it was easy to find and to park. We went to check in the reception area was bright and clean. Checkin was efficient and we went off to find our room.

First look of our room and it appeared clean and functional. And I would say that would be what I would say about the room I cannot add anything more, but for a 4 star I would of thought it would not have artex walls and the separate toilet felt like I had gone back in time as all the walls were all artexed.

The intention was an over night stay with the use of the pool if we wanted. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the pool as we did not use it. We had a drink in the bar before we went out to look for somewhere to have dinner and the service was quick and efficient.

The room was much too hot during the night and that was with no heating on, and the window was alarmed so it was not possible to open it.

Breakfast the following day was the problem, we wanted a table of 4 and was led to a table which had to be cleaned.

The girl girl wiped the mat which was still clearly dirty, there was cornflakes on the seats and on the floor. I asked her to change the mats which she took away but I believe returned with the same ones. She did wipe the table partially, now it would be better to have a clean table and no mats. We were not offered tea or coffee so when the manager went passed it was requested from him. It duly arrived. The food was good and replenished, the pancake making machine was good for my husband. The manager came up and apologised for the delay in seating us, we were also apologised by the young man who took us to the table and as much as this was appreciated the real problem is remove all items from the table. Clean the table and then re-laid but also clean the debris from underneath the table a long handled dustpan and brush would be ideal.

Check out was swift and overall the hotel was ok, but I would have said 3 star not 4.

Room Tip: Room 424 is an adapted room although we had room 114
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for posting your thoughts here. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking; I would like to reassure you that our windows are not alarmed; we do have a window restrictor on them that can be removed. I will pass your comments onto our breakfast team as this is not the normal level of service we have in our breakfast room and thank you for your thoughts regarding a long handled dustpan. We do hope to see you again.
Horsham
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Clean, modern and functional.
I had a superior room and it suited me fine, though I do object to paying £2.50 for a small bottle of water - an expensive memory lapse of not having brought my own! Kettle in room also had some black scale in it which took several attempts to rid.
Although near busy roads, (and opposite the city police station!) with the windows shut it was very quiet.
Tried the pool - pleasant enough if you just want a splash and a chat, but it is not for swimmers! Changing room a squeeze too.
Did not eat here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your review. I am glad you found our superior room to your liking and I have noted your comments regarding the pool and the kettle (which we have replaced) and we do hope to see you again soon.
West Sussex
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked 5 rooms and paid extra for a hotel with a swimming pool - but don't be fooled by the pictures people - this is not a swimming pool! This is really not much more than a kiddies' splash pool. So having given up on the idea of doing lengths we headed for the sauna - and it wasn't even switched on. So I pretty much feel cheated, and will be writing to the hotel to complain. The superior room was ok - if you want to pay £2.50 for a bottle of water! The bathroom was very good and looked recently refurbished and the shower was good. Staff were friendly, and the place was generally clean. Didn't stay for breakfast as we decided, rightly as it turned out, you can get better than a hotel breakfast at £13.95!!

Room Tip: Choose a superior room but take your own water!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lal6661
Many thanks for your review. I am sorry you feel our leisure facilities were not up to your expectations during your stay. Our Sauna facilities run on a timer, I have asked my maintenance team to ensure this is working correctly. On a positive note I am happy to read that you found our team friendly and the hotel Clean.