“very modern, very proffesional staff”

Novotel Southampton
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Barry, United Kingdom
“very modern, very proffesional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

i have stayed in the novotel at the begininning of december. I have stayed before on several ocassions for shopping trips! The lobby. leisure center and reception area just got newly refurbished and its really clean, modern and lovely. The reception staff was equiped with lagguage scales and also offered to check us in online for our flights! To put it in a nut shell i could not have asked for more that i got offered from the staff in Novotel Southampton everything was perfect

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

Hello,
writing reviews is not a thing I do often.
That's why I am more than happy to share my experience of stay with future guests of yours.
I was truly delighted with high standard of front desk service, excellent food quality, room maintenance and drink bar offer. What's more, during my short stay, there was some redecoration works on, but it was easy to spot, that hotel staff does everything to provide the highest possible standard of service. All the potential inconvenience that might have bothered the visitors were minimized by friendly and supportive staff.
I must admit that my stay there was pleasant and comfortable, therefore next time I am be in Southampton, I won't hesitate to choose your hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

the hotel was just refurbished, it looks amazing, spacious, modern furniture, everything is great, the restaurant as well, we had lovely meal. I had stayed at this hotel before and when I entered the hotel I couldnt believe my eyes. I thought I came to another hotel.
I would recommend this hotel 100%. excellent location , few minutes to city centre

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Cumbria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

We used this hotel before going on a cruise. Arriving on a Saturday we were a bit surprised to find the restaurant had a very limited menu based on a carvery/ buffet. It was adequate but only that. The bar was fine, pleasant staff, although they ran out of glasses at one point! This could have been because a wedding reception was taking place in the function room. Rooms clean and quiet - we had booked an Executive room which was quite large and well equipped - nice coffee machine. Decor was "interesting" in the lounge - very modern and bright. Good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

1.The female Staff who checked me out had a really bad attitude, very unfriendly. I cannot be sure for whatever reason it was, but I certainly hope it was not because I was of a different nationality, but certainly it made me feel that way. 2. I call reception to tell them I have no heat in the room and reception said they would ask an engineer to attend to it. 6 hours after I still had no heat. I'm not sure if anyone even checked if there was a problem. I then walked DOWN to reception to tell the male staff about the problem. He asked me to turn the knob. I hope he doesn't think everyone is a moron, or perhaps I looked like one. Perhaps he could have asked me to just stare and the problem will go away ?? This male staff even WROTE on a little piece of paper of my room number and the problem, but after a few hours, I still had no heat. I called reception again and told a second male staff that was the THIRD time I am asking to fix the heat. He came to the room to confirm no heat. He was helpful to ACTUALLY CAME BACK with a helper. Apparently one had to TAKE DOWN the vent cover and RESTART the heat by putting your hand INSIDE the hole of the vent enclosing to touch a knob. The location of the vent is near the ceiling and I would not be able to reach anyway. but this male staff was in any case very helpful to me. All in all, a very unfriendly stay.

• Stayed November 2009
Channel Islands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

The hotel is overpriced and very noisy!!! We were woken by nosy neighbours at 6am each morning and at 4am from people coming back drunk, and all the doors slam shut when they close. I tried calling reception to complain but no answer! The toilet was horrible, all pebble-dashed, looked like an outdoor one, and it had freezing cold tiles. The heating was broken and the bed was like a camp bed. If you sat at the top end, the bottom end flicked up. Not impressed at all. I paid a lot of money for a superior room and to be honest I will go back to the Premier Inn for my next visit. Swimming pool was also being refurbished, which we didnt get told about until arrival.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

The staff are really friendly and professional, the rooms are ok, some are in need of updating though

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business