“Lovely friendly tearoom”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely friendly tearoom”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I came to this tearoom with my housemates a few weeks ago for a nice lunch, it was a Saturday and was indeed very busy but they were able to accommodate us perfectly. I understand why it's so popular on the weekends, too many people want to come in despite its tiny size to try out the wonderful food they offered. I had a fish finger sandwich which absolutely delicious, served with a good portion of chunky chips and a big side salad.
I was also there when the people with the wheelchair tried to come in as stated in the review below. However what we all quickly learned (which they failed to mention in that review below) is that the staff had set aside a booking for these people for which they turned up AN HOUR late. They were extremely rude to the staff as it was clear that fitting a wheelchair through this tiny place would be extremely difficult to do as it appears to be such an old building. Despite this all the other customers in the tearoom including us were more than pleased with our food and our service was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Will definitely return for more!

“Discrimination against disability”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

VERY RUDE TO DISABLED PEOPLE. TOLD leave because my brother in a wheelchair. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless you want to be discriminated because you in a wheelchair.

7 Thank P S
“Smiley Sunday breakfast”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely place, small and cosy. Staff are delightful and friendly. Very busy but we got a table for two straightaway. Menu was extensive and something for everyone. I went for the veggie full English and my friend had the Full English (with a few changes) which was not a problem. Our breakfast arrived at the same time, piping hot, and beautifully presented. Tasted great and very filling (completely our own faults!) I'm moving to the area soon and so was a great find, I'll look forward to visiting again soon.

England
“Definitely the best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The full English breakfast is a beautiful plateful to behold and tastes as good as it looks. The service was excellent, friendly and amazingly efficient, we hardly had time to pour a cup of tea before our plates arrived. We were a large group of 6 on a Saturday morning, probably one of the busiest days of the week yet everything we ordered was clearly fresh-including the toast!
Well done Halladays, we don't live in Southampton but we will be back anytime we make another visit.

• Visited April 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food , very attentive staff would recommend .”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My first visit the food was amazing very well presented , the staff were wonderful very attentive I would certainly return and recommend , it was my Mothers Day treat and I was very pleased with my visit.

• Visited March 2014