“Shocking”

Trago Lounge
Ranked #223 of 847 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trago Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
“Shocking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

After a day out without eating and a huge craving for a burger my boyfriend and i decided to try trago after a recommendation from a friend. a juicy 8oz burger was advertised and we ordered two. As they arrived we were shocked to be served with half a handful of chips and a disappointing salad. my burger then had a hair in it and my boyfriends was so over cooked and dry it had snapped in half!!! Disgusted to be served with such shocking food we asked for a refund. front of house staff were fantastic very apologetic and professional. shame the chef kept giving us dirty looks.

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I want to like this place, but every time I go, they manage to get it wrong. The first three times, I went in the evening and ordered tapas. Each time, they brought me the wrong order. Each time, they take it around all the tables before finding the person who actually ordered it. My last visit, I went for breakfast, hoping for pancakes, or, failing that, some simple scrambled egg on toast. I chose the vege breakfast, but since I am awkward and do not like mushrooms or fried egg, I asked if these could be substituted. Apparently not. They were unwilling to make any accommodations and did not offer any suggested alternatives. In the end, I ordered nothing. One of my companions did not receive the breakfast he had ordered until everyone had finished and he had gone back to ask again - even then, they brought the wrong thing. One other didn't receive their coffee until further prompting. Nice atmosphere, but disorganised, unwilling to accommodate simple changes, and limited vegetarian choices. I didn't think scrambled egg instead of fried was that much of an ask. Those that did receive what they ordered were happy with it, but 3/8 disappointed is not a good rate.

• Visited October 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Dirty, average food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have visited Trago on a number of occasions mainly for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast is towered up like a fancy Jenga tower, and is really impractical to eat on a plate. If only the food itself was as fancy as the ridiculous presentation. Pot of beans with a skin on, the fried egg is dry, sausage ball cremated, bacon and mushrooms fine. Burgers are huge but tasteless and the bread bun is like week old baguette. Not to be attempted by denture wearers! The fries are very nice though.

Crockery is always dirty, I only come here hungover so that I am less bothered by it. I am never going again though because last time I visited there was a pubic hair in my tea which only presented itself after I had polished off the whole dusty, grimy pot. I didn't complain, I winced because the staff who wear (tracksuit bottoms on occasion might I add) were too busy talking about the night before and from experience know they don't care. They also commonly get orders mixed up as they don't write them down. Which lead to my girlfriend as a veggie being presented with a full english. Obviously when we complained they just took the meat off the plate, but had run out of veggie fritters so just put extra mushrooms on?!

Overall poor. They sell themselves as some sort of sophisticated chilled hang out with their free wifi which attracts Apple laptop strokers but this doesn't excuse blanket poor service surely? Dirty, so tread carefully if you decide to visit.

• Visited June 2011
Southampton
“Good relaxed bar with quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I have been here loads of times and never had a bad meal. I agree with the previous reviewer that the Jambalaya is almost inedible as it is so hot and does need toning down a tad! Burgers are good here, served on a nice bun and not some plastic white thing that disintegrates when you pick it up. Beer and wine selection is good too, all in all a good relaxing place to go for a casual night out.

• Visited June 2011
Southampton, United Kingdom
“fresh food, baby friendly, music was a bit loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

My daughter and I visited Tragos for lunch during the week. Service was swift and friendly, food appeared to have been freshly prepared (including the side salad). There was a broad choice of lunch dishes. Babies are welcome and changing facilities are available. My only criticism was the background music which I found a little loud and intrusive, however I appreciate that some people would like it this way.

• Visited May 2011