“awesome place for meet ups/breakfast”
Review of Trago Lounge

Trago Lounge
Ranked #212 of 850 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trago Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
“awesome place for meet ups/breakfast”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Really nice informal place to meet for coffee, lovely atmosphere and they do an incredible range of breakfasts, particularly good cooked breakfasts. Friendly and lovely place out back to hang out in sun, definitely would recommend

Visited May 2014

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Something has changed”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love this hub of a meeting place - coffee is quite good, the tapas was amazing but not sure they still do it. Food choice is in abundance and caters for all tastes - but something has chnaged in the last 3 months or so? A new chef perhaps? A new dictated menu? Not sure. Food went from being delightful to simply ok. :-(

Visited February 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A Decent Place To Meet Up”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We went here for brunch on Easter Monday. Ideal location as we had a year old in a push chair.
The brunch menu was ok, and the food was good, a nice selection of coffees to choose from.
Will use again to meet up at, as it was quick to get served and I thought good value for the portions served.

Trago L, Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I would like to thank you for your review it is always nice to know when we get in right. I look forward welcoming you on your next visit.

Many Thanks

Paul Galvin
“Don't know their own menu/out of date food”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We've visited the Trago Lounge many times but I always seem to have an issue. The bacon is fatty, eggs always overcooked but our last two visits have been the worst to date, to the point where we won't be returning. Twice now I've ordered the cinnamon toast with butterscotch sauce and hazelnuts but the first time after ordering and paying they came to the table to explain there was no butterscotch sauce and to ask if I was okay having chocolate sauce instead, I agreed thinking I would have chocolate sauce with hazelnuts, instead I was given the fruit and chocolate sauce version (the other option on the menu). This time I made a point of asking if they had butterscotch sauce, they said yes so I ordered it. The girl brought it out and realised just as she went to put it down that the chef had made the chocolate version so I was asked to wait a few minutes whilst they cooked a new batch. The new one came out with butterscotch sauce and fruit, no nuts as per their menu!! Whilst this was happening my fiancé had requested some butter for his toast and they gave him a pack of butter that was out of date by more than a week. Disgusting. Nobody even came over to ask how our meal was so there was no chance to make a complaint. This place has so much potential - it's a real shame.

Visited April 2014
Trago L, Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I was disappointed to read of your poor experience and we have every desire to address the issues raised and provide the best solution available to resolve your poor experience as soon as possible.

I understand in your review there seemed to be a continuing issue with the cinnamon French toast. Firstly let me apologize that you seem to have received the wrong product twice this is unacceptable and I assure you that this will be looked into by myself.

The lack of butterscotch sauce is unacceptable. Our Chefs make the sauce fresh, daily. I have asked our Head Chef to make bigger batches so that we don't run out during service.

I can understand there is confusion with the choice on the menu where there is 2 option choices, both options are served with fruit and nuts it's just the choice of sauce that is offered. We are in the process of writing our new menu which will be launched soon, we are looking at how we word option choices on the menu to help stop any confusion In the future.

I was disappointed to read that no-one came back to check on your meal, especially as you had already received the wrong meal, this is something that should happen every time and we do have systems in place to make sure this happens, but on this occasion we did not follow our own procedures and this will be addressed with a staff training session which will take place later this week where the focus will be on table service and menu awareness.

Out of date butter is unacceptable, and I can assure you that we take our food hygiene and stock rotation very seriously and although we like to think that we have an implicit discipline on this occasion we have let ourselves down, I have I asked our Head Chef to make sure the all the kitchen staff, along with our front of house staff, are retrained and that our procedures are tightened.

I hope that I have addressed all your concerns and have explained how because of your feedback we can improve. I would appreciate if you could email me the date and rough time of your visit so I might be able to conduct an even more thorough investigation into your visit, please could you email me at Trago@thelounges.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Please accept our sincerest apology for your poor experience. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customer. It's my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Paul Galvin
Stevenage, UK
“Better than average; great ambience but a bit smelly in one area”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The first thing that struck me on entering was the super size and trendy ambience; it is a world removed from the slight seediness outside. The second was the smell of old urine although that was only in one area and didn't spoil our stay. The service was prompt and efficient and although we only had tea and decaf coffee we were not hassled and felt comfortable spending 45 minutes relaxing. The price was good. Tables are a couple of inches too high for the chairs. Would probably visit again but hope they solve the ?toilet problem - there can be no excuse for that in an eating place; I visited an old public conveniences converted into a café that had no smell. Solve the problems I mention and throw in some smiles and it will easily be a 4 star experience.

• Visited March 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback, it's great to know that you enjoyed the feel of the lounge and that your visit was relaxing. We're sorry to hear that it was not a completely perfect visit, we're taking your much appreciated comments on board and resolving the issue at hand.