“Great Local Bar”

Trago Lounge
Ranked #230 of 859 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trago Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Local Bar”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I visit the Trago regularly and always enjoy it. Whether for a quiet lunch with a beer or an evening out enjoying the quiz.

The staff are always excellent, knowledgable and friendly and the atmosphere is welcoming and warm. Customers are a good mix of locals and students and the menu has a decent selection of pub classics, tapas, breakfast, sandwiches, burgers etc. and is worth dipping into.

• Visited June 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi,

I would just like to thank you for your Message, we go out of our way to create a great vibe at Trago.
its always good to hear where we get it right. Hope to see you again. Keep on lounging.

Paul

Hampshire
“Accommodating”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great night out. Staff were brilliant. I have a dairy allergy but wasn't made to feel any different to the group I was with. The restaurant was accommodating to this, even providing me a dairy free dip with the shared starter we had. The service was great and a wonderful evening atmosphere. Quirky tables and the way things are set up. Great night out.

• Visited March 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We always try to accommodate whenever we can.
I'm glad you enjoyed your Trago experience and hopefully we'll see you again.
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“worth another go.....”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited the Trago Lounge last night with 3 friends. Had the Lounge hamburger with skin on chips. Burger was very good, handmade, excellent quality meat. The house slaw however was not as one would expect. It was literally just a pot of shredded red cabbage and carrot which looked like it had been left out too long and had discoloured. There was no dressing at all on the veg which rendered it very tasteless. A very limp side salad consisting of a salad leaf with a drizzle of dressing accompanied the burger.

On Monday night there is a pub quiz which was hilarious due to the fact that the quiz master could not pronounce the simplest of words (he was English) so it was practically impossible to understand what question was being asked......

I'm going to give it another try but not on a Monday.

• Visited June 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Hero Burger even if the sides weren't up to scratch. I have passed you comments onto our kitchen staff so this doesn't happen again.

We aim to make our quiz a funny one although the quiz master from last week wasn't our usual one which probably made a difference.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Trago Lounge
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Some interesting choices”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice place to meet family/mates on a weekend - interesting menu but a little let down by patchy service when we were there. Staff weren't totally on message but food was ok. Mix ups with orders and food arrived at different times. Not my favourite place to eat in the area but would still return.

Visited January 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Since your visit we have made many changes at Trago Lounge including a completely new management team. We have also reviewed all of our staff training since then to make things run much smoother.

Hopefully we will see you again soon
London, United Kingdom
“So slow I thought I will get my OAP pass before my food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food was ok,the portion extremely small!!! But the amount of time taken for our food to arrive 50 minutes?! Far too long! Our drinks were served promptly but were long gone when our meal arrived, some of your dishes were even cold!! Disappointing, but small improvements could make it the place to be as it is clean and the service is pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
Trago L, General Manager at Trago Lounge, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
I would like to thank you for your feed back if you feel that you would like to discuss this matter in more detail please feel free to contact me Via my the Email Address of plastic-paddy@hotmail.co.uk and i would be more than happy to responded to any Issue.

Thanks again for you review.