All reviews superb hosts english breakfast selection of cereals place to stay quiet area bed and breakfast bus stop guest house room was large power shower room was clean and comfortable yogurt breakfast was delicious visit southampton would definitely stay here again two nights central station
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights on business. Clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast and friendly hosts. Standard breakfast is quite small but if you ask for extra its no problem. I had only two issues here. One was that the shower was very weak and took an age to warm up. It was also starting to come away from the wall. The other was the tv remote initially didn't work. I suspected flat batteries and went to see the Landlord. The batteries were replaced with ones from 'the drawer' which were not new. The remote worked for about ten minutes before the batteries died. Not wanting to bother my host again I left a note on the remote to let housekeeping know it wasn't working. Nothing was done. Probably still isn't working now.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank stanzline
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Room was very clean and comfortable and hostess delightful.. breakfast was a bit chaotic but in a good way...Roddy seems to be a very laid back person. Quite close to the Mayflower dock so perfect for cruisers

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We called before our arrival to say that we were arriving late and they gave us all the details to have access to our rooms. We really appreciated this flexibility. Also, the rooms and toilets were very clean. We misunderstood from the online booking that breakfast was included in the price but it wasn't. However, they made us pay less for the breakfast. Thanks a lot!!! Highly recommended staying here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2017

my sister and I were going to stay 3 nights..did not stay but 1 night..a miserable night..room was hot and the windows do not look like the pic..the window was tiny and up and the ceiling..smelled musty..the stair case going to the upstairs was narrow and the only way in and out of the upstairs...it was also the only fire escape..if there was a fire in the building..no one upstairs could get out..it is advertised as a hotel but is not it is a B&B, but the proprietor told us if you booked online breakfast was in included and would cost 7 pounds for each person...the wife of the proprietor was very unfriendly..the shower that morning was nothing but a trickle of water..if you tried to turn up the flow of water it was scalding hot.no way anyone could wash their hair with a trickle of water...we were so miserable we stayed one night...the owner would not refund our money..but getting out of there was worth losing the money..my sister and I are both in our 70's and believe me the house is not a safe place...the staircase is very dangerous and believe me it is a fire trap...WOULD NEVER ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY IN THIS HORRIBLE PLACE...FORGOT TO SAY THE OUTSIDE IS SO NOISY WE DID NOT GET ANY SLEEP UNTIL WAY IN THE EARLY MORING HOURS...IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A PLACE TO STAY DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF STAYING IN THIS MUSTY SMELLY PLACE....GO TO A REAL HOTEL WHERE YOU HAVE A LIFT AND THE AMENITIES THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ON VACATION..ANYONE WHO GAAVE THIS PLACE A DECENT RATING HAS TO HAVE VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS..............

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Jan H
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night before boarding our cruise. The hosts were wonderful they allowed us to checkin at 11 in the morning even though checkin as advertised in the afternoon. Very cosy and clean room and lodge throughout. The only drawback is the room is very small but it suited us ok for our cruise. Very nice hosts.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple