Addenro House Hotel
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdouble bed and single bedfree wifitown centreboat shownight staytrain stationtoaster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is my first bad review... I just have to do this to stop anyone else booking this dreadful hole of a place.

Booked this the night before I needed to stay, via booking.com what a mistake, everywhere else full due to Freshers week, and probably a few cruises going. This is in a bad area/bedsit land of Southampton, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I did not know this when I booked it.

Pulled up outside and it looked like the place was shut. I first thought it had closed down and still taken my money, no sign of life, dirty tatty door. First impressions were worrying. When the door was answered I was greeted by the smell of damp and must.

I booked the family room as this was the only one remaining. It was dingy, depressing, dated, damp.... The bathroom was ancient. The bed was absolutely rock solid and the mattress felt very wiry and tired. A previous reviewer had me howling reading "The bed looked like it had come from a skip" That is totally bang on. You could hear absolutely everything going on outside the door as well. Overlooked from outside by a house very close, Really creepy, horrible atmosphere to the place. Like somewhere you get taken after being kidnapped.

I had checked Tripadvisor right after I booked it, and I was fully prepared for the horrors to come, and I was fully prepared to sleep in my clothes, even a bin bag but I just could not stay here.

The guy who checked me in was pleasant but seriously guys you CANNOT take money off people to stay here, it is just morally wrong. It reminded of the worse type of staff accommodation I have stayed in whilst working in big hotels.

I did not end up staying, I managed one hour in the room and most of that was spent trying to find alternative accommodation. I have never, ever not stayed somewhere, I am truly shocked that I've managed to find somewhere that I had to do a runner. I know people on here sometimes exaggerate and are sometimes petty, I work in hotels and I read this website nearly every day, but everything negative people have said about this place it true. The good ones can only be from friends of the owners, its either that or rats can suddenly use the internet and write reviews.

A V O I D

Room Tip: Don't even go into a room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jersey-Owl
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I can honestly say that this is the worst B&B I have ever stayed in. It smelt dirty; there was still coffee in one of the mugs in the bedroom; it was difficult to tell if the bedding was clean - I suspect not! For breakfast the sausages were cheap and nasty; the baked beans both looked and tasted off; I was not offered any toast. I only stayed there after I had seen it as I had already paid. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tricia D
Reviewed 31 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The proprietor was trying very hard to please, but unforunately he was unable to overcome the drawbacks. Booked this in desperation at the last minute, but stayed only one night of 5 because it was charged in advance (a clue I missed). It was NOT clean, on a busy street with noise all night, and no other guests. Advise you avoid this property.

Room Tip: We had a room in the front, ground floor, and were told we had the "best room", I would be fearful to see the others.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank rexWildbird_aol_com
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Dont go to this place. You have off road parking, but its a noisy road. The whole place could do with a clean.
The room has the tiniest bathroom and you have trouble turning around in it. The toilet doesnt flush well and the bin is rusty and filthy. The sink is a foot away from the toilet. The shower that dribbles at best is about two foot from the sink and there is a very very small gap from the sink to the door.
The bed - you feel every spring. The welcome tray had cups that were filthy on it. .
The breakfast was 7.30 am to 8.30am. But you are told to make sure you are there before 8.30. The cereals are mouldy because the lid doesnt fit on the plastic box. You are told you can have sausage,bacon, egg and beans thats all! THE BACON WAS FREEZING COLD, THE BEANS WERE LUKE WARM, THE SAUSAGE WARMISH. The egg was warmish,The whole thing was inedible. Absolutely appaulling.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family