“Large and bright room”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Jessheim, Norway
“Large and bright room”
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Had room nr. 1, with lots of windows and even an extra bed. Good water pressure in shower. Live music in pub as well. All inn all a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank FloppyCopy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed for 1 night before dropping a friend off at The Docks - perfectly acceptable please to stay. We got a nice clean twin room with TV and tea making facilities and 2 course meal for £40> happy to pay it - food nice home cooked pub food. Stay there for a night or 2 :-) x

Room Tip: You can hear live music until 11.30
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank T419KG0
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I had meetings at the University of Southampton, Avenue Campus and had stayed at other hotels closer to campus but wasn't impressed. I am happy to say that when I visit Southampton again, I will be staying here.

The walk to the campus was fairly direct, only 20 mts to the Avenue campus. Even though the room was a single, it was a good size (I could actually turn around!) and had a very good shower in it (very important!).

The proprietor carried my suitcase up the stairs for me (that's a first), gave me a ride to campus the first evening, found my lost scarf (didn't realized I had lost it!), and literally made me half and half for my coffee (an American thing).

But everyone there was very nice and helpful - not just the owner!
And I was able to do a bit of work in the morning with the free wifi - lovely!

Will definitely stay again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TessM
surrey
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed for one night and had a lovely time. The young guy that showed us to our room was friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough to help us. The room was big, the bathroom was light and clean and the bed was sooooo comfortable. Southampton town was a nice short stroll away. Overall next time I'm in Southampton I will be booking a room here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 6 it's at the back of the hotel and away from the road, although it's not a bus...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The level of her hospitality is some what to be desired. Scale of 1-10 with ten being the best,im afraid she dose not even reach one. Please take note people.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank Carloo7
BlueKeysHotel, Manager at The Blue Keys, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Please note that the hotel is now under different management and has been since June 2012. This review should be disregarded. Many thanks
Tyrone, N.Ireland
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My second visit, surely that's testament enough. Had a better room this time, on lower floor with large shower cubicle.
Good food, breakfast & dinner.
Now with free Wifi.
Live music in lounge many nights is good but you will hear it in many of the rooms, we didn't mind.
Friendly helpful staff and convenient to town, common & transport links.
I'll go back.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Kildress
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed here for one night as I was in the city for business. Upon pulling up outside I was concerned that there was live music in the pub which is part of the hotel....it was 9:30pm and I had driven several hours with an early meeting the following morning. However I need not have worried at all. From my room I could not hear the music or revellers in the pub.

The room was of a good size. Very clean and comfortable. Bathroom sparkled but I would suggest a shower curtain or door is put up so that the shower can be used standing.

The hosts were friendly but not invasive. Good coffee at breakfast. I cannot comment on the cooked breakfast as I just had coffee and toast!

All in all a great hotel and a great find for me. I will stay there again when in Southampton for business. Excellent value for money too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends