The Blue Keys
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$81
US$105
US$98
Agoda.com
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$90
US$87
Priceline
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall hoteleggs florentinetop floorquiet streetlovely little hotelfriendly hotelfull englishpre cruiseno liftstayed for one nightfirst floorplenty of hot watercity centrecouple of nightswedding partydouble roomdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Being self employed I spend a great deal of time in hotels all across the country. and for the past 6 months I have been working in Southampton, initially I was looking for somewhere cheap to stay that was a good central location near to the train station, and booked in for a week. I was pleasantly surprised at what I got for my money. Not only was the food exceptional and rooms very spacious, clean and well furnished but the atmosphere and service was second to none. I have stayed in hotels that are double and treble the price where the service is no where near as good. The staff are welcoming, engaging and very helpful and always have a smile for me. I enjoyed the first week so much I have been returning week after week for the past 6 months. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is working in the area or on holiday in Southampton. If you are lucky may also get to stay when they have one of their live entertainment nights on which are very entertaining indeed especially the Sunday Jazz sessions.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank richard b
Reviewed 3 December 2013

As a professional contractor I've been working in Southampton for a number of months now and have stayed in the Blue Keys for 2 -3 nights a week and would highly recommend it to families, singles on whether you are on business or not. Elliot and his team are exactly what you don't get from so many of the faceless hotel chains I've stayed at over the years.

Friendly, personal if that suits you and above all very professional.
Paying to stay somewhere you feel at home (as much as that is possible) thats clean, with excellent service and food that is home made and always delicious.

So if you are looking for a base or just a one night stop over book the Blue Keys Hotel, I'll guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kieron C
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed for one night before joining a cruise ship in Southampton.
The hotel is very pleasant and staff were delightful.
The food was superb, far better than one might expect and the prices were reasonable.
I would happily recommend this hotel for cruise ship passengers travelling down the night before, it's cheaper than the big names in town and offers a much more enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madelaine G
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Blue Keys provided a really comfortable room and great hospitality for my night there. It seems a smart place to go even if you're not staying there with a good menu, better than average bar selection and pleasant surroundings. Its about a 15-20 minute walk into town if you want more. Breakfast was good but made to order/on request. Personally I prefer a selection of cereals, juices, yoghurts and fruit to pick from rather than having to place my order very specifically which is why I've marked them down from 'excellent'. Despite that the cooked element of breakfast was good and precisely what I asked for but it could have been so easy to give that bit more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FrogDad
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The beds are extremely comfortable, the food is excellent - especially the Sunday roast! I always get a warm and friendly welcome and will go back again and again. I highly recommend attending the Sunday jazz roast :)

• Stayed: December 2012