“Good Hotel in a good location”

Holiday Inn Southampton
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting family in Southampton, the hotel is very good and we had a lovely room overlooking the harbour and cruise ships, the room was extremely clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for a short stay, the staff were efficient and friendly. The location is perfect for shopping and night life in the city centre. We had no complaints and will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janis R
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for very kind comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst visiting Southampton. I do hope that you will return again in the future and stay with at the Holiday Inn Southampton.
Roberts Walker = Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed just 1 night before a cruise, so the location was perfect. Nice and quiet as well. Room was very dated and tired - nothing more than a Travelodge, really. Food in the restaurant at dinner was delicious, although getting it was painfully slow! OK breakfast. Top marks, however, for the very friendly staff everywhere.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank prippit

Dear Guest, Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Southampton. Your notes of concern about the appearance of the hotel has been noted. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast and the staff made you feel very welcome. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel when your are next taking a cruise.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

If this is the HI opposite the Grand Harbour Hotel then the night staff on duty during the early hours of Sun 30th Sept deserve some praise. I was not a guest here but was left freezing outside the Grand Harbour for an hour in my dressing gown when the fire alarm went off. After getting no information from them my party crossed the road to you to try and get a drink and some shelter. 5 minutes later the rest of the Grand Hotel guests followed. The 2 staff were marvellous and served up tea and coffee continuously to a large number of people until we were allowed back into our hotel. Thank you guys as most of us were probably too stressed at the time to appreciate and thank you for the great service!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SueandRaybu
jvs_12, Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your comments. It was indeed a difficult night and one I am happy to say we were able to help out with. I am pleased that my team were able to make a difficult situation at least bearable for you. I do hope that this has not put you off visiting the area again in the future.
Robert Walker Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have been loyal customers of IHG for many years having achieved Platinum Elite status before retirement. They have been our first choice in Europe & the USA. The HI Southampton was a total disappointment. The rooms were tired albeit clean, the furniture was worn & in need of replacement. The bed was the worst we have ever slept in or rather tossed & turned in for several uncomfortable hours. The staff were great and the food very good. But the bill was excessive - we have stayed in other HI's in the UK for 30% of these prices with higher quality. If this had been a first experience it would have been our last.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Guest. I am so very sorry to read that your stay here at the Holiday Inn did meet with your expectations in relation to the building and some bedroom furniture. Please be assured I will investigate this and take the necessary steps to ensure that the bedroom furniture is addressed.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would like to thank you too for your very kind comments regarding the team here, they will be delighted to hear that they made you feel welcome and the food served did meet with your expectations. I do hope that you will continue to use the IHG brand as we do listen to all customer feedback and your custom is very much appreciated. I hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn Southampton again should you be in the area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed one night prior to setting off on a cruise. This hotel was right next to the dock we set sail from. The hotel was fine though old and could do with an update. Our room was located on the side where there must have been a nightclub nearby as I was kept awake with the music thudding away for most of the night.

We had dinner in the restaurant which was fine but I felt for the wait staff the restaurant was full and they were runoff their feet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback comments regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Southampton. I am very disappointed to read that your stay did not meet with your expectations, in that your sleep was disturbed by noise levels outside the hotel. Please be assured that I will contact the relevant parties and ensure that this does become a problem again in the future. The hotel is very convenient for pre-cruise guests and we do offer several packages to suit everyone. I sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future where we can assure you of a warm welcome and comfortable night sleep prior to your cruise holiday.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a very convenient base for Peppa Pig World. Room was good and the breakfast was excellent. I booked through my priority members account but on reflection I think I could have got a better rate (inc breakfast and car parking) if I'd booked a package deal through the main Peppa Pig World website.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaydensley
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest, I am so pleased that your recent stay here at the hotel met with your satisfaction;. We do offer packages to our Peppa Pig visitors which are available on the web site, this will also show you other offers and great rates you may wish to take advantage of when next visiting the area. I hope that you and your family enjoyed Peppa Pig World and hope you may return to see their Christmas World, its quite amazing and of course stay with once again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had a great stay for a social event in Southampton so we didn't have dinner at the hotel but the breakfast and service was very good indeed. The room was well equipped and very comfortable with a great view over Southampton water. We went for a swim in the hotel pool and had a sauna before we checked out. Great location for shoppers as it's very close to a big shopping mall. We loved it!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Southampton. I am delighted that your experience here at the hotel was both enjoyable and met with your expectations and satisfaction. I hope that should you be in the city again you choose to stay here again where we may have the pleasure of looking after you once more.