Holiday Inn Southampton
  • Bar/Lounge
Star Hotel(Southampton)
  • Pool
1,293 results
All reviewscruise terminalfloor to ceiling windowsseparate buildingpre cruise stayexecutive roommayflower parkreception staffbit datedstayed here for one nightisle of wightfollowing morningbuffet styleself servicetown centregood nights sleepbreakfast was excellentcar parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed our short stay for a cruise. Staff was friendly. Rooms are smallish by American standards, but clean. Bed was ok and a little small for a married couple. Bathrooms are small but the water pressure is fantastic; the best in any hotel to my experience. Room service curry was good and breakfast was as well. Bar staff was lovely. Air conditioning worked fairly well. We had a nice view of the harbor as our cruise ship arrived. In my experience, you can't go wrong staying here for a cruise. Cheers.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
rwalker2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest, Great, Thank you for your feedback, we shall all look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay in Southampton, we needed something close to the town and this hotel is well located.
On arrival our rooms were not ready and the staff could not apologises enough for this. We were offered complimentary drinks - the double G and T was most welcome!
After about 20 to 30 minutes our rooms were available.
The rooms were comfortable as were the beds. We had booked executive rooms so had a picture window overlooking the sea which made a change from the usual views that you tend to get from these type of hotels.
Breakfast was self serve and varied in its offering, however, the breakfast staff were not the friendliest, they seemed quite stressed and at times abrupt - a complete contrazt to the feception staff.
On the whole we had a pleasant experience and would definitely use this hotel again. They also do a package if you are going on holiday were you can leave your car and get transported to the docks or airport for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest. Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am delighted to read some parts, your comments regarding your experience with Breakfast is a little disturbing and please accept my apologies. I will certainly take this to my Restaurant Team. I do hope it will not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have just stayed at this hotel for two nights and was very impressed, great location, lovely rooms all air conditioned and best of all first class customer service

A special mention to the young girl who was serving in the bar who heard me saying I had no sun lotion for a scorching day out on a boat and she gave me her own. It doesn't get better than that !. Recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hollyb3

Dear Guest. I am really delighted to receive your feedback, in particular the comments about a member of the team, makes me very proud. I do hope that you will return to visit us again when next in Southampton. Thank you, I will ensure that she reads your comment.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We used this hotel for an overnight stay before going on a cruise. It was very good and we got a deal that let us leave our car there for the duration of our holidays and they provided a taxi to take us to the ship and pick us up on our return

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam103

Dear Guest. Thank you for your valued feedback, your comments are very appreciated as they help the team here to deliver great customer service.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel provides good service. However, if you wish to stay in this hotel for one evening to catch the cruise the next day, it may not be your best choice. It is a bit too long for those who wish to walk to the terminal with luggage though it costs less than £4 for taxi. The hotel is a bit off from the attractions of Southampton (e.g. Oxford Street) if you want to maximize your coverage of the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest. Thank you for your feedback, your comments have been duly noted.