1,389 results
All reviewscruise terminalfloor to ceiling windowsseparate buildingpre cruise stayexecutive roommayflower parkreception staffbit datedocean terminalisle of wightstayed here for one nightfollowing morningwest quay shopping centrebuffet styleself servicebreakfast was excellentcar parking
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Arrived early friday morning after a flight from the states and the room was not ready. The front manager recognized we were platinum IHG members and tried to accommodate us the best he could offering us some cappuccino, local papers and access to their free internet. Also he confirmed to us that we would be in a remodeled room that had a view of the water where our ship would be docked in the morning.

The room was an average Holiday Inn room nothing fancy but by all means acceptable. We also got 2 for 1 breakfast coupons for 15 pounds and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is an easy walk to town and a major shopping center and a nice english pub is a fairly short walk near by. Checkout was smooth and easy and all through the stay the front desk manager acknowledged my stay.

On sunday time to catch the ship (Celebrity Eclipse) it was an easy walk to the cruise terminal....it may not be this way for other cruise lines for they dock at different piers and a taxi ride may be necessary.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Stephen A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Many thanks for your kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to extend you a warm welcome back in the near future. Regards, Stephen Allison, Cluster General Manager.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Location was spot on; central to Oceana (a club that me and my boyfriend love, plus were attending that night) It's also local to West Quay, the train and coach station, the ferry terminal.
Loved the table in the room that had separate chairs!
Room was clean and tidy. Bathroom could have been more modern however I guess that's the negatives to paying for a standard room.
Didn't have a fridge which is what we were used to.
Efficient and helpful staff. Leisure Centre was separate which me and my boyfriend really liked. Hot Tub was amazing! Price we paid was pretty good for one nights stay in August.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic service. Lovely food. Definitely going back for more functions. Completely made our wedding day. All the staff looked after us. Definitely recommend as a wedding venue and evening reception.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David M
Stephen A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Many thanks for your kind review. I was delighted to read that all went well for your most important day and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to extend you a warm welcome back in the near future. Regards, Stephen Allison, Cluster General Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Very comfortable room.Friendly staff and a great breakfast. Disappointed that there was a blank plug hanging off the wall. You need to be aware that there is a charge for parking a car in the hotel car park.

Stayed: September 2017

Many thanks for your kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the plug. We will address this immediately. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to extend you a warm welcome back in the near future. Regards, Stephen Allison, Cluster General Manager.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Stayed here for one night before a cruise. Booked five rooms including breakfast for a great price. Staff very helpful. Public space comfortable and clean. Location to the city pubs, restaurants and clubs great, short walk or taxi ride.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Stephen A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Many thanks for your kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and helpful. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to extend you a warm welcome back in the near future. Regards, Stephen Allison, Cluster General Manager.