“Convenient for port”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient for port”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed overnight prior to a cruise. Large clean room with large bathroom. No restaurant at the hotel but plenty of restaurants close by. Good traditional english breakfast with continental option also.
The only complaint was that the staircase smelt of a bad case of damp, needs attending to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Booked in for two nights. Nice hotel. Great value for the money. Excellent breakfast and great location for restraints and the university. Will use again. Rooms clean. The staff are very nice and helpful. No bar at the hotel but plenty nearby.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I found this Hotel very clean and the staff most helpful .
Breakfast very good and the resturant next door also good.
Would stay again. My satnav took me to the rear of the hotel but other than that I had a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Surrey,England
Reviewed 14 October 2013

NIce hotel, staff all very friendly and helpful. We stayed bed and breakfast on a Friday night after attending a wedding in the area. There is a 24 hour reception so returning late was not a problem. Breakfast was buffet style, and plenty of variety. For those who wanted a full English or a continental or just cereal, everything was available and as much as you could eat. Free wifi is available with a code from reception. I particularly liked the in-room electronic safe which was big enough for my laptop and was operated by programming in my own memorable 4 digit code.

Room Tip: There is no lift if you have any problem using stairs, but there are rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stickler82
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for a single nght whilst visiting family and had a good value late booking deal. We expected it to much the same as so many chain hotels offering bargain style overnight accommodation to a set standard but this was much more and a pleasant surprise especially as we paid only what you might pay for a fairly cheap city B&B or hotel room only deal.

The staff were friendly - well to start with, there were staff around all the time, even when we checked in after 10pm. The room was comfortable and just what we needed. A good breakfast with plenty of self service choice was included as was parking in the hotel car park.

All in all, a good deal, and a much more pleasant experience than many single overnights in city hotles and lodges.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open, a room near the road mght have been noisy but we were fin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is on the outskirts of the City in a largely student area, surrounding shops are mainly ethnic, charity or fast "junk food"

Hotel is tired and needs investment in some good double glazed windows and a coat of paint and some new carpet

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We chose this hotel simply because it was the closest accommodation we could find to the friends we were visiting. It served a purpose, but wasn't special in any way. The price was high considering this.There was , however, a reasonable full breakfast included in the price, and the breakfast room staff were efficient, clearing tables and replenishing the buffet constantly. The room we had was exactly like thousands of other boring hotel rooms and I have stayed in better, paying two thirds the price, and in city centres. I'm sure it would be a very useful hotel if you were visiting a University student in the area, and we didn't have any trouble fitting the car into the car park. I thought it unusual that we paid for our stay when we checked-IN rather than when we checked-OUT, which in my experience is the norm. The room was clean and had the usual tea/coffee things but for me, the pillows were very flat and I didn't like the fact that when we arrived, the beds were arranged with the chair cushions placed on top of the pillows. Sorry, but I want to know that my pillows are pristine. I don't want them tainted by cushions that, by their very nature are sat upon/against or thrown on the floor, time and again, by countless room guests. All in all, an OK hotel, certainly, but I paid, at the end of September, £135 per night ( 2 people, twin room ) and I know I can stay in a London hotel, with reasonably fluffy pillows (!) and far more facilities, for under £100 per night.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the car park at the back and was quiet, but I don't think it is a noisy area...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple