Open today: Closed
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Tudor House and Garden
All reviews audio guide air raid shelter knot garden banqueting hall creaky floorboards interesting visit gift shop own pace interactive displays couple of hours southampton city history museum information graffiti centuries rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A lovely Tudor cottage. You get a free audio guide which is very interesting and there are also lots of information cards to be seen around the building. Upon arrival there is a short video to watch which is very good although might be a bit frightening for small children as the voices of the resident ghosts explain the history of the building. The gardens are nice albeit small. Overall a lovely few hours out, pleasant staff and a lot of things to learn! Did not try the cafe but it seemed a lovely place, reasonably priced. A ww2 bunker is in the basement again with a nice video. Biggest problem is parking as you can park on the road outside but only for 2 hours at a charge of £3.60. Otherwise you would have to walk from a multi storey elsewhere in Southampton. This is a shame as it would have been nice to spend a bit longer and also to see the nice looking church over the road.

Overall, A great way to spend a few hours!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The cafe is fantastic, the most tranquil spot u will find in Southampton - although the service is slow but manager lovely. Food is lovely and excellent value. The gift shop, children's playroom and garden are great. Did not go round house but have been b4 refurbishment this year and well worth a visit.

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Interesting little museum with a variety of features which help to create the atmosphere of the time.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Whilst in Southampton, there was a Tudor event organised, which we were interested in seeing as it had been advertised where we were staying. We visited on the Sunday morning.

All the participants were in character, and the first guy we spoke to addressed my husband as he explained that it would be quite rude to speak to me until we had been introduced. Which I quite accepted. However what I did not accept was the fact of his invading my personal space etc.
This experience has put a negative slant on my review I'm afraid.

The Tudor House itself was OK to walk around, however it was free this day otherwise I would have not paid the required entrance fee.
The garden was pleasant to walk around, however, I don't think there was much for young children to be entertained by as many were running around aimlessly.

Sorry but I feel a good experience was soured from the start by this one man, as an awful lot of hard work and effort by other members of the group were not appreciated by us

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Last been to Tudor House was 12 yrs ago. Before they got to renovate it there wasn't much to see and nothing to make it all interesting. But now Its a lot lot better by a mile. So much for both kids and adult to see and learn from. Everything is now so well presented. A must to see for who ever visits Southampton. Also kids under 7 are free.