Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
US$136
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
US$132
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$56
Travelodge
    2,350 results
    All reviewswest quaymulti storeyshopping centrecar parkdrop off pointmeal dealcruise terminalsbuilding sitebuilding workthyme restaurantexcellent locationpre cruiseself serviceisle of wightgood nights sleepper dayfamily room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 27 July 2011

I've said this about Premier Inns before - if you accept them for what they are, these are excellent hotels. I feel the same way after my latest stay, and am happy to recommend Southampton West Quay. The surroundings are singularly uncharming, but the building looks new. The reception area is dominated by a vending machine, 3 computers (not free) and two very unattractive reception 'desks'.

I will get the one negative out of the way - this hotel doesn't have its own car park. There is a drop-off area but parking is next door in the West Quay car park. The hotel will validate your ticket so you have 23 hours parking for £5. I couldn't work out how to walk back to the hotel after parking the car (ended up ignoring the 'no pedestrians' sign) and it was a pain to have to walk so far to get something we'd left in the car. I'm also not quite sure how it would work if I wanted to take the car in and out - I assume I'd have to pay each time.

Otherwise, this is a very clean and comfortable hotel, with exceptionally charming and helpful staff. We arrived late Sunday afternoon when this area and the surrounding shopping centres are very, very closed. We ended up eating in the hotel restaurant, which serves very large portions of acceptable food. Reasonable wine choice too.

The room and bathroom were clean, quiet and the air conditioning effective and quiet. Staff went out of their way to be helpful, and a minor problem was sorted out immediately.

You are not going to get wonderful views or elegant decor, but Premier Inn prices are extremely competitive, and the staff and accomodation are excellent.

1  Thank littlebrownie
    Reviewed 26 July 2011

As like many other families we decided to stay in this premier inn to visit paultons park and the infamous peppa world. Unashamedly I am a serial complainer (I want what I paid for!) yet here with the hotel I could not find fault.

The staff were very polite and helpful and got us in our room early as traffic had been kind to us and we were 2 hours early. We made a few days of it and found it a much better base than the north as there were places closer to hand to eat and shop.

Rooms as expected and mentioned here several times were spotless and well maintained. Parking as everyone else states is not a problem, very cheap and is right next door.

Breakfast was fantastic (especially the omlette made for me on request) and AMANDA in particular was well organised and had fantastic customer service.

My only issue (and I didn't knock down my rating because it's not essential you eat there) was on our first night we decided to try the on site restaurant for dinner. As per some other comments they haven't quite got this right yet and only my partner ended up eating and we got a full refund and an apology from the manager on duty as we waited almost 40 mins for a salmon salad, childrens garlic bread and pasta and some tasteless (undoubtedly frozen) fish and chips. This was a shame and we didn't dine for dinner there again, although full credit to the manager on duty as he said they operate on the same basis as the hotel with the guarantee of a good meal or your money back.

Would definately stay there again if visiting Southampton. As for peppa world...fab!

Room Tip: try the front of the hotel if you want a lay in as the crossing on the footpath the other side seems to go off every few mins!
    1  Thank pickymum78
    Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed here whilst visiting Peppa Pig World which is about 15-20mins away. The rooms were just big enough to get Mum, Dad and 2 kids in. The hotel is brand new and spotless. All the staff were extremely friendly and courteous.
    Restaurant food was surprisingly good and delivered speedily.
    Although the hotel does not have its own parking, there is a multi storey car park at the rear (£5.00 I think) or you can park overnight in the pay and display opposite which is free from 6pm till 8am Mon-Sat. Shops and town centre within easy walking distance. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Book early and get it at a very reasonable rate
    Reviewed 24 July 2011

Hired two rooms for one night before going on a cruise. Great prices (£59 per room) for what was a perfect budget stay. Everywhere was clean, the service was polite, friendly and efficient and both rooms were quiet. Parking overnight was £5 with a hotel endorsed ticket.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We arrived in Southampton via the Express bus from Heathrow and it was an easy walk with luggage to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am and the lady at the desk was very apologetic that they did not have a room available, but assured us that we would receive the first available room, which was ready by noon. There were tables in the restaurant area which gave us a spot to rest while we waited. The room was clean and spacious enough for 2 people and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was efficiently arranged, shower was great and the air-conditioner worked. The staff was helpful and friendly and called a cab for us the next morning to go to the ship. The location was convenient for sightseeing and we would definely stay here again and recommend it to friends. It is a basic hotel which met all of our needs for our short stay in Southampton.

Room Tip: Cab fare to the ship was 5 £. We ate breakfast at the nearby McDonald's for 7 £ for 2 people.
    • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple