“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Penzance
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Perfect location, close to everything i needed (shops, train station) Had a really good nights sleep and all the staff were really lovely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JessieBoult

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Below is a review of our stay which I have amended following a credit under their Good night sleep guarantee.

We stayed at this Premier Inn for two nights, to start with the key card's would not operate the door, parking is in an off site park, that is locked from 11.30pm until 6.30am at a cost of £5 per night. When I asked about using the Inns limited spaces I was told no vehicles are allowed on site over night, every night there was cars and or vans parked on site.
On the second night after an exhausting day went to bed at 9pm at 11.30pm we were woken by the noise of metal storage/refuse containers being dragged about and what sounded like an electric drill.
When I complained about this in the morning all I received a curt apology, when I returned home I emailed the companies head office. Eleven days later I have not even received an acknowledgement, four days ago I got a questionnaire about our stay including the not mention of the goodnight sleep guaranty which is the main thrust of it's advertising.
I gave Premier Eleven days to answer my concerns before writing this adverse review, what a shame in every other way it was good value for money, clean and tidy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimag47
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel the night before we set off on a cruise.

The hotel is in a great location, right next door to a large shopping centre (great for last minute cruise shopping), odeon cinema complex and is just minutes from the City Cruise Terminal used by Royal Caribbean.

From Southampton Ctl Railway station, its a shortish walk to the Premier Inn or its about £4 in a taxi.

Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you, nothing was a bother.

Taxi from the hotel (because of luggage), took about a minute and a half ... honestly! You could walk it, but if you are like us, you are gonna have some heavy suitcases. Reception will book you a taxi if you like.

We booked in advance on Premier Inn website and got an amazing rate of £39.00. So book in advance if you can.

There are other hotels in this area, but if you want value for money and good service, you cant beat this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Some high floor rooms have a view across to the cruise terminal. It is quite exciting in the mornin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank royzer76
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I Stayed in the hotel for the weekend of the titanic celebrations along with my partner, little girl and the rest of my family and I speak for us all when we say it was one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly, it was clean and the food was lovely. Special mention has to go to Amanda front of house leader. She was by far the nicest member of staff I have ever come across in any hotel ever she really made us all feel very welcome. I would defiantly go back for another stay.

Room Tip: Family Rooms are great value
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MarieBingette
Raglan
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

Really professional service even when rushed off their feet. Clean and convenient. Fab location near the huge shopping centre. Love it so much we have visited a few times just to get away.

Stayed September 2011
Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and found this hotel fantastic,we could not fault the staff on anything,everytime we arrived in the lobby we were welcomed with a good morning or a good afternoon. Breakfast was a pure delight and Amanda who looked after the running of the dining area was a pure delight,if you wanted to know anything about Southampton and its location she knew where things where and how to get there. We will not hesitate to encourage our family members or friends in Australia to visit this hotel. We will be back here again.

Room Tip: All rooms here are great, we had room 420
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple