Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a night.The hotel is very clean and the staff helpful and friendly.My room had everything I needed and the bed very cosy.The bathroom was very modern clean.I will be staying again next month as it is close to all shops,cinema,restaurants,and across the road public indoor pool.A great price and a comfortable stay.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed here 3 nights pre-cruise after travelling from Australia. We checked in about 10.30 pm and this went very smoothly simply by Kevin at the reception leading us to the 'self check-in machine', and inputting our data. After a short explanation of restaurant dining times we were in the room and settling in. Having stayed at Premier Inn before we knew what to expect, which was good clean accommodation, definitely no frills but no hefty price tag either.
Unfortunately this time the bed was somewhat lumpy with various wayward springs poking our ribs but generally the room was comfortable with a TV, adjustable heating/cooling, sparkling clean bathroom with a nice hot and strong shower. One tip is to bring your own toiletries as there is very little supplied except for some pretty terrible smelling liquid soap. This is a great location if you are staying pre-cruise, with a taxi to the Mayflower terminal costing only GBP 6
Also most convenient is the location to shopping at West Quay. (2-3 minutes walk) We didn't eat at the Thyme restaurant on site this time as we wanted to try some of the other local eateries. Premier Inn provides 30 minutes free wifi for guests each day and if you need more its only GBP 3 for a full 24 hours, however we found Pret a manger in West Quay provide free and untimed wifi for patrons and we enjoyed our breakfast there each morning (porridge, fruit, egg and tomato roll with coffee) while checking our emails. Our stay went very well apart from one day when arriving back to our room at 2.30 in the afternoon to find our bed still unmade and room uncleaned. After speaking to Kevin downstairs I was told that they were very busy and most guests really don't mind what time their room is serviced!!! (Wrong answer Kev) Being made to feel a big pest by Kevin put a bit of a black cloud over an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grumblebums
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel along with other Premier Hotels I cannot reccommend highly enough but on the occassion of my last visit on the 23rd August there was one problem.Being a disabled client I always request a twin room with twin beds this because I have arthritis but this time I was given a double bed for my wife and I.I should have complained but the staff are always very good and seeing that they were very busy put up with it.My fault but suggest if this happens to any trip advisor reader that you do complain.

Room Tip: Always ensure what you have in writing you get.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed midweek for one night. If you've stayed at a Premier Inn before, you'll know what to expect, it's exactly the same. I used the automated check-in but the staff seemed to handle check-in well for other travellers.

Room was very clean, bed comfortable and everything worked. There was a note to say that there was a plumbing problem and in some rooms the cold water tap was giving hot water, but that wasn't a problem in my room. Bathroom was perfectly good and bed was incredibly comfortable. Could phone down for an iron and ironing board which was delivered to my room within about 10 minutes.

Only had breakfast at the hotel, which was fine, but nothing spectacular. The luggage room facility worked fine too, holding onto my bag after check-out until I'd completed my meetings. Would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I paid £45 for a night. the room was as expected, no problems no thrills.
was quiet and not as noisy as other flat pack pop up hotels.
I would recommend this above the more expensive one across the car park! personally all that matters is a clean, comfy bed and a quiet room!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Frederic O
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed in a family room with my husband and 4 year old. It was a busy weekend (Southampton boat show) but that did not detract. We were telephoned the week before and advised it would be busy and that a dinner reservation was recommended which was really impressive. A great experience when we were there. Staff deserve a special mention as without exception, they all fell over themselves to give great service. The hotel itself is one of the newer purpose built PIs so modern and spotlessly clean as always. The Thyme restaurant was really good and catered really well for kids - crayons etc and good range of kids food with healthy options. We did have to complain about noise - not the hotel's fault but a group of rowdy lads next door - and the hotel put a stop to it straight away. Parking is not on site but 2 minutes acros sthe road in a multistorey which is locked at night. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at this Premier Inn for 2 nights last week. We have stayed here a number of times before and always find everything to be very good. We had a nice comfortable room on the 4th floor of the hotel. The room was a good size, clean, modern and comfortable. The bathroom was quite small but again clean and fresh. I had 2 seperate bookings so had to check-in again on the second morning. The girl on the reception told me that I was too early to check-in and that check-in time was 2pm. I explained that I had already stayed that night and was going out for the day and leaving my stuff in the room. I was concerned about my room being given to someone else. I'd gone through this procedure several times before at other Premier Inns and also at this one but on this occasion the girl didn't know what to do. She got someone else to come and deal with my request but I got the feeling that I was being a nuisance and my request was an inconvenience. Finally I got to check-in again. We didn't eat at the hotel on this occasion but have done so previously and found the food to be good. This Premier Inn was voted No1 only a few months ago. I would have been the first person to say that it was well deserved but sadly I don't think I could agree after this visit and primarily for the unhelpful people that I came across at the reception. On previous visits the staff have been lovely, friendly and welcoming and exactly what you expect from the Premier Inn. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. On saying that, perhaps they were having a couple of off days as the hotel was busy. I would stay there again and will do when I'm next in Southampton. This hotel is very close to the Westquay Shopping Centre, Ikea and handy for Cruise passengers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family