Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$106
US$113
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$106
US$91
Agoda.com
US$86
US$78
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
2,373 results
All reviewswest quaymulti storeyshopping centrecar parkdrop off pointmeal dealcruise terminalsbuilding sitebuilding workthyme restaurantexcellent locationpre cruiseself serviceisle of wightgood nights sleepper dayfamily room
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here - great location and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We only ate Breakfast here but it was good and reasonable. Rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet - I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Venice911
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just returned from a P&O cruise from Southampton and have to write to thoroughly recommend this hotel as a stop over prior to a cruise. We travelled as two families with three young children and the hotel could not have been more accommodating. The rooms were good, food was also good particularly as the adults had the evening meal that included for breakfast the next day. The staff were particularly friendly and enjoyed making us most welcome. Will stay at this hotel again, next time we cruise.

Room Tip: If you are a family with more than one room ask for adjoining rooms with connecting door
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SeaLegsBarnstaple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Generally speaking I was satisfied with my two-night stay at the Premier Inn, at West Quay, Southampton. The hotel is pleasant, clean and the room offered all I needed for this short stay. The food was good and reasonably priced. But there are three serious reservations, as follows:

1. Room prices are much vaunted at "from £29 per night". This is technically correct but highly deceptive and very rarely, if ever, available. I was charged £124 for the two nights and when I enquired the price for an optional third night in the same room I was quoted £78. And this was said in the shadow of one of the £29 posters prominently display in the reception area!

2. On the first night the room was swelteringly hot and all attempts to cool it using the air-conditioning control failed. When I reported this next morning, I was told that at this time of year (October) the air-conditioning would only be activated on request. But this having been achieved, the air-conditioning remained active for only a few hours before being switched off again. I had to repeat my request several more times to maintain an acceptable cool temperature. It was later explained that from October onwards only central heating is normally provided, regardless of the weather!

3. There was no telephone in the room. To contact Reception (other than by personal visit), one was presumably expected to use one's own personal telephone, for which a card in the room offered only a premium rate (0871) number and stated, "Calls cost 10p per minute + network extras." I believe this is the rate for a fixed landline and that calls to such numbers from a mobile would be considerable more.

Room Tip: Check prices and make sure you know what you are getting, or not getting, for your money.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank J A G
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked into this hotel for one night as we were paying a flying visit family. On arrival we were greeted at reception by a very friendly and helpful member of staff called Aggie who couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating! She help us with parking, gave us a map of the city centre and generally made the whole process really easy!
We stayed in room 107 which was situated at the back of the hotel looking over the staff car park. The room was clean and well presented with tea making facilities and nicely decorated. We had a wonderful nights sleep in a really comfortable bed, air conditioning and no noise disturbing us from outside or other guests.
My husband went to reception to ask if an ironing board and iron were available and the lady he spoke to said she will get one brought to our room as soon as possible and within 5 mins she delivered it herself! Excellent service!
We opted to have breakfast at the hotel which was buffet style with juices, cereals, breads, pastries and cooked breakfast which was always well stocked and tasted delicious.
Our checking out process was very quick and easy and again delt with by a very friendly, helpful member or staff.
Our only reason for not giving an excellent score is that we went to the bar for a drink and had to wait 15 mins before a member of staff turned up to serve us after asking twice at reception. Apart from this we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will definitely return to stay in the future!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison1519
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My daughter has been at southampton solent uni for 3yearz and we have stayed in the de vere travelodge holiday inn and the other premier inn but the west quay is the best one clean modern easy parking and great location

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family